• Yes

Votes: 79 56.0%
  • No

Votes: 62 44.0%

• Total voters

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Given the binfest on the other thread i thought that i'd just run a poll as to what the great and the good of NSC think.

Simple question - do you believe that Michael Jackson was a paedophile.
Yes or no.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Do I believe he slept with a kid? no

Did he sleep in a bed with kids? Yes

Is this wrong? Yes

Is he a musical genius? Yes

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
İbrahim Tatlıses;3031572 said:
This has been done to death, but it is my duty as a fan to stick up for the legend.

No from me.

I would be inclined to suggest that anyone that says yes are the same people that read and believe that he was gay in todays Sun.

Would it be a problem if he was ?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
:laugh:

Just when i thought his death would mean i'd stop getting into arguments!

How wrong i was!

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
If he was a convicted paedophile would 'your duty as a fan' still include sticking up for him?

I never read the sun or any other tabloid but followed the various cases on a number of respected TV news channels over the years as well as numerous pro, anti and neutral websites and I have formed the opinion he had an unhealthy obsession with children bordering on dangerous. Was he a paedophile though? None of us really know for sure one way or the other. Was he a great musician and performer? Absolutely. Separate the two though because if you take away his undoubted talent and stardom and apply all the evidence and testimony against a normal everyday person, that person would without any doubt be labelled a paedophile by almost every person and treated as such in society.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
If he was a convicted paedophile would 'your duty as a fan' still include sticking up for him?

I never read the sun or any other tabloid but followed the various cases on a number of respected TV news channels over the years as well as numerous pro, anti and neutral websites and I have formed the opinion he had an unhealthy obsession with children bordering on dangerous. Was he a paedophile though? None of us really know for sure one way or the other. Was he a great musician and performer? Absolutely. Separate the two though because if you take away his undoubted talent and stardom and apply all the evidence and testimony against a normal everyday person, that person would without any doubt be labelled a paedophile by almost every person and treated as such in society.

are you a politician?

yes or no? was the question.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This has been done to death, but it is my duty as a fan to stick up for the legend.

No from me.

I would be inclined to suggest that anyone that says yes are the same people that read and believe that he was gay in todays Sun.

You are one seriously sad person, you attack anyone that doesn't agree with you and suggest because of that they are just dumb sun readers.

Did Michael Jackson have any long term serious girlfriends, the sham marriages aside. No. Could this suggest he may have been a closet homosexual, possibly. Doesn' it matter? Not to most people but probably to you.

With regard to the poll, I think he was a paedophile based on the evidence and the circumstances he put himself in. Can it be proved, probably not. Do I read the Sun? No.

Threatening people with an insult if they disagree with you is surely a sign of insecurity!!!!!

Last edited:

Did he f*** kids up the bum? No, I don't think so. Did he like their company to a level that was inappropriate and possibly damaging for the kids? Yes.

Was probably also gay but as has been said, so what? Just sad he couldn't come to terms with it if true.

No from me.

Or they have read the statement from one of the children he bought off, and there was more than one.

Michael Jackson's Other Legacy - June 25, 2009

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
No, I'm convinced he was not.

Of course his behaviour at times was inadvisable, as it could be misconstrued, but he was child-like in his own thought processes at times.

As for the cases brought against him, just look at how many bull-shit rape claims are made against wealthy footballers in the Sunday papers. Baseless claims made against rich people in the hope that they just pay up to make the allegations fade away. For me, that was all that was happening with Jackson. When the kids he hung around with were rich already (that "Home Alone" kid) there never seemed to be any allegations.

He got on well with kids, because he missed his own childhood and found them far less judgemental than the rest of us. That makes perfect sense to me.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Was he a paedophile? I think so.

Did he realise what he was doing was wrong - Probably not.

which doesnt change the fact that it was wrong. if it was anyone else's behaviour being questioned in the same way, this would be 99% paedo.

Of course his behaviour at times was inadvisable, as it could be misconstrued, but he was child-like in his own thought processes at times.

I agree with you but even if the thought processes were childlike the behaviour was not acceptable.

For example. A bunch of 9 year olds have a sleep over and all decide to get their 'old men' out to compare. Not wholly unusual or damaging. Now imagine the same scenario in a 40 year old mans bedroom where said man is encouraging and joining in.

As childlike as MJ may have been, would you want your child exposed to that?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
which doesnt change the fact that it was wrong. if it was anyone else's behaviour being questioned in the same way, this would be 99% paedo.

I agree with you. I think that if it were anyone else he would have been sectioned years ago for his own safety.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here