Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Straw's Falmer Watch No 61 (5/3/10).

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A lot of modern stadia have translucent roofs - it allows sunlight through and hence faciliates better growth in the grass. I can't see what photo you mean, but we probably would end up with a glass-effect roof, so you may well be correct.

I had the pelasure of attending one of the 1901 club presentations last night. We were told the roof is going to be blue, with white fittings, so I'm not sure if what you are seeing are the final roof parts.

Interstingly, I hadn't realised it but the reason why there are stanchions holding up the arch, and will be holding up the other one, is that until the roof goes on and is attached, the arches would fall over backwards. The roof panels and supports actually tie the two arches together.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Those pics are superb... thank you JS... BW

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Interstingly, I hadn't realised it but the reason why there are stanchions holding up the arch, and will be holding up the other one, is that until the roof goes on and is attached, the arches would fall over backwards. The roof panels and supports actually tie the two arches together.

Where HAVE you been living over the last year or so Phil? :lolol:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
You've found the Panorama feature I see:thumbsup:

That last picture is excellent-possibly your very best one to date.

Spot on!!
Perhaps I could use this more often?
I'm hopeless with new technology.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Top effort chap ... when are the hard hat tours for season ticket holders planned, do we know yet? (sorry if fixtures)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Spot on!!
Perhaps I could use this more often?
I'm hopeless with new technology.

It's a great feature and you've made good use of it today. Definitely use it more now the site is expanding at a rapid rate.

Thanks for today's effort:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had the pelasure of attending one of the 1901 club presentations last night. We were told the roof is going to be blue, with white fittings, so I'm not sure if what you are seeing are the final roof parts.

All the pictures I've seen of the designs has the roof being traslucent

_45072441_9cdd66bd-6034-459f-8650-a2db545356f2.jpg

Which surely makes more sense, to allow more sunlight on the pitch ?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
All the pictures I've seen of the designs has the roof being traslucent

_45072441_9cdd66bd-6034-459f-8650-a2db545356f2.jpg

Which surely makes more sense, to allow more sunlight on the pitch ?

So how do greenhouses work then?:dunce:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Every week these pictures get better and better. Thanks Jack, for showing us what the lads are doing on site.

:bowdown:all round

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ahhh-HA.
An answer from the 'Ask the project team' forum...

"The roof will be a blue tinted polycarbonate, which is semi-transparent. "

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
We'll be playing in a Snow Cone Machine?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Just cycled past and it looked absolutely stunning in the sun. Thick, thick question that I know has been answered on here many times before (so bear with) but is the stand that's almost complete under the arch the 'big' 13k stand or the one that will be opposite it. (can't translate all this east - south - west malarky). Thanks and muchos apologies.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Just cycled past and it looked absolutely stunning in the sun. Thick, thick question that I know has been answered on here many times before (so bear with) but is the stand that's almost complete under the arch the 'big' 13k stand or the one that will be opposite it. (can't translate all this east - south - west malarky). Thanks and muchos apologies.

No that will hold around 6K (East)
The stand opposite will hold around 12K (West)

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

No, it's the one where the players tunnel has been started. The one that is more complete is only 1 tier, the other one will be 3 tiers !

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here