Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Straw's Falmer Watch No.13 (13/3/09)

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
This week, I was taking photos alongside the Arsgas photographer.
I may even appear in one of them!
Traffic in and out of Poly Complex now using the new road north of Village Way.
The original Village Way road has had the top removed and this has been put in the big hole.
Sub-base now being put down along the old Village Way road.
Usual midday traffic bedlam due to temporary traffic lights.
Saw our farmer friend again (Peter) who had just ploughed what amounts to about the size of an allotment behind his tractor shed.

Attachments

• DSC02215.JPG
    DSC02215.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 637
  • DSC02217.JPG
    DSC02217.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 636
  • DSC02219.JPG
    DSC02219.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 732
  • DSC02222.JPG
    DSC02222.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 638
  • DSC02226.JPG
    DSC02226.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 639

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Brilliant
By the looks of them photos its coming along nicely roll on 2011!

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Thanks for these historical records. Cant wait until we start seeing the steel girders being put up. That really will say something

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
This week, I was taking photos alongside the Arsgas photographer.
I may even appear in one of them!
Traffic in and out of Poly Complex now using the new road north of Village Way.
The original Village Way road has had the top removed and this has been put in the big hole.
Sub-base now being put down along the old Village Way road.
Usual midday traffic bedlam due to temporary traffic lights.
Saw our farmer friend again (Peter) who had just ploughed what amounts to about the size of an allotment behind his tractor shed.

JS your ‘Falmer watch’ threads are amazing they really show the progress being made. Do you think there’s any chance you could post the folder containing every weeks update on your NSC profile? I’m beginning to forget what the site looked like before an it would be great to see the progress.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
When is the actual construction for the stadium going to start? Or does no one know?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Was planned to be 1st April, does anyone know if this date has been put back at all or are we still on track?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
From Martin Perry via Insider on Ask the Club on 2nd December:

"Giraffe is right in that the heavy expenditure does not commence until next April although we will be ordering the steel very soon to ensure that it is fabricated in time for a commencement on the steel frame next June. "

Seeing as we have heard nothing different (and the steel must be on order by now to hit a June start) we can all look forward to the major work starting next month and the steel going up in June.

Would be great to get more regular updates from MP but there we are!!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
From Martin Perry via Insider on Ask the Club on 2nd December:

"Giraffe is right in that the heavy expenditure does not commence until next April although we will be ordering the steel very soon to ensure that it is fabricated in time for a commencement on the steel frame next June. "

Seeing as we have heard nothing different (and the steel must be on order by now to hit a June start) we can all look forward to the major work starting next month and the steel going up in June.

Would be great to get more regular updates from MP but there we are!!

I would have thought with all the negativity on the pitch this season that the club would want to focus fans attention elsewhere ie Falmer but it seems to have gone a little quite? I mean if we are to believe main excavation will begin in a matter of weeks why not publicise the details? I can’t remember the last Falmer diary on Seagulls world and like a previous poster stated no news on the steel being ordered….

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
JS your ‘Falmer watch’ threads are amazing they really show the progress being made. Do you think there’s any chance you could post the folder containing every weeks update on your NSC profile? I’m beginning to forget what the site looked like before an it would be great to see the progress.

I have pm'ed Bozza to see if there can be a sub forum to give a complete photo history of the buiding of the stadium from falmer watch No1 through to No xx to completion and his threads could then be moved there

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I have pm'ed Bozza to see if there can be a sub forum to give a complete photo history of the buiding of the stadium from falmer watch No1 through to No xx to completion and his threads could then be moved there

Good stuff.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Keep up the great work Jack, cheers me no end to see the progress.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here