Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Straw's Falmer 1901 Club Photo Shoot 16/3/10.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
good pictures.

What are the barriers for ?

Regarding the gaps in the corners, it doesn't look great but at least it is encloses and not big open gaps for the wind to whip through like Stoke

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Agree - can't understand why such a big gap. It's a real shame as rest of the stadium will look superb. Get the thing built then apply for planning permission to do the corners?

I heard that apparently they could be filled with seats without too much bother, and would raise the capacity by about 10,000.

This is second hand information though and would obviuosly need all sorts of planning permission, and fans to sit in them!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I heard that apparently they could be filled with seats without too much bother, and would raise the capacity by about 10,000.

This is second hand information though and would obviuosly need all sorts of planning permission, and fans to sit in them!

I have heard this too, but with slightly different figures. I head they could increase the capacity by around 10,000 by filling in the corners and adding a second tier in the gap under the east stand roof.

Obviously this is dependent on planning permission, which is dependent on fans not parking all over the place and generally being well behaved on match day.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I have heard this too, but with slightly different figures. I head they could increase the capacity by around 10,000 by filling in the corners and adding a second tier in the gap under the east stand roof.

Obviously this is dependent on planning permission, which is dependent on fans not parking all over the place and generally being well behaved on match day.

Oh well, it would have been nice to have done that! :lolol:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

The chap who gave the presentation yesterday - a young Brian Horton look-a-like, said that the average Premiership attendance is 33,000.
When Falmer is fully fitted, it will hold 33,000!

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells

I believe that each corner could hold 850 seats

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The more I see of it, the clearer it is that its been specifically built with further expansion in mind.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
The chap who gave the presentation yesterday - a young Brian Horton look-a-like, said that the average Premiership attendance is 33,000.

really ? I am very, very suprised by that. I don't see how it could be expanded to that figure. I also dont think it would be viable for us. Considering the set up of the Premiership (if we got there) - we would only sell that many for 4/5 games per season.

Yoda

English & European

Can't have been someone from the club then. Have you noticed how they all play down the expansion side when asked, yet anyone from either the architects or construction side are fully open about it.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Sssshhhhh.

Nice pics again JS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here