Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jack Hinshelwood [9/4/24: new deal to 2028]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I love Hinsh. Up there with my favourite players. Future captain. He had a horrible minute though where two free kicks were launched in at knee height. Not sure what happened there!

Other than Welbeck's free kick our set pieces are still pretty poor.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We curse the international break. As football fans we're duty bound to do so. But again I think it works in our favour

We've got Adingra, Milner, Gruda, Wieffer, Ferguson, either just returning from injury or just getting their fitness up. This buys us some time

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
We curse the international break. As football fans we're duty bound to do so. But again I think it works in our favour

We've got Adingra, Milner, Gruda, Wieffer, Ferguson, either just returning from injury or just getting their fitness up. This buys us some time
Agreed but it will still be annoying when Saturday comes :smile:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Flip side we have players going all over the world getting tired and possibly injured.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

For how long do we bracket Ferguson as 'returning from injury'? He's been back in the match day squad for about 8 weeks now.
I assume he's gone away with Eire again? Getting minutes on the pitch for them would actually be useful to us.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Flip side we have players going all over the world getting tired and possibly injured.
True. But so will our opponents. We have City, Liverpool, Saudi etc coming up. They will have it worse than we have.

I just think our situation may be different to the others in that we have 4 or 5 who just need that bit of time and maybe a closed doors friendly and they'll be properly up to speed

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
For how long do we bracket Ferguson as 'returning from injury'? He's been back in the match day squad for about 8 weeks now.
I assume he's gone away with Eire again? Getting minutes on the pitch for them would actually be useful to us.
Yeh, I agree there.

Either he is still struggling with a knock or, more worryingly FH just doesn't want to use him

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

All of those except Milner have been called up to International duty. I haven't seen whether any have withdrawn. Although, in the cases of Gruda, Wieffer and Ferguson, they are probably at the stage where some game time for their countries would be useful.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yeh, I agree there.

Either he is still struggling with a knock or, more worryingly FH just doesn't want to use him
Welbeck's form is Evan's problem. You can't drop him at the moment. Four goals and an assist in 7 EPL games this season. Palmer's the only Englishman who has more EPL goals so far this year. If he keeps that up for the whole year, he's going to break the 20 a season mark. :ROFLMAO:

Ferguson has actually been given a five minute run out at the end of the three games before Spurs, so he's being eased back in. In the League Cup game against Wolves, he worked hard and was unlucky to have his goal disallowed, but he looked absolutely knackered after an hour.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Welbeck's form is Evan's problem. You can't drop him at the moment.
Well that's true. But the fact that Evan is only getting a few minutes to me is the concern. If he was coming on with 20 or 30 mins to go sometimes, that would be a greater show of faith. Agree he didn't look fit enough to start

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here