Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jack Hinshelwood [9/4/24: new deal to 2028]

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
What I hope is that we keep offering him, and he keeps accepting, incrementally better and longer deals as his star continues to rise, exactly as we did with Dunk

I’m now at the point with Jack H, that he is the Brighton player I’d be most disappointed if we lost.
Problem with the Dunk comparison is that Manchester City wouldn't pay £200m for Dunk... which may well be the case for Jack one day.

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
Jack seems a very grounded lad and is clearly coming on leaps and bounds. Long may it continue...
Imho he has done enough to keep his place and I would certainly hope that his midfield partner on Sunday has too. I really hope that they are given the chance to blossom together but for no logical reason at all, I have the feeling that the management team would like to get Wieffer in as soon as possible. All I would ask is that he earns it first because Jack & Carlos look potentially great.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Jack seems a very grounded lad and is clearly coming on leaps and bounds. Long may it continue...
Imho he has done enough to keep his place and I would certainly hope that his midfield partner on Sunday has too. I really hope that they are given the chance to blossom together but for no logical reason at all, I have the feeling that the management team would like to get Wieffer in as soon as possible. All I would ask is that he earns it first because Jack & Carlos look potentially great.
Full Dutch international, bought to play there, two seasons at Feyenoord playing in Europe.

Who knows.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
The lad's got a lot of potential and has proved he can play in centre mid and right back in the PL to good effect.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves trying to pre-emptively flog him for billions to the rich clubs or claiming he'll be a mainstay for England for decades to come.

We had this phase with Ferguson too, young players' development is rarely linear.

Step by step.

Reactions: cjd

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Thought he was bench for under 21s? And also played one in midfield for us ?

Let’s see. Very early days. Rather he was played in mid than defence though.
On the bench for the N. Ireland game. He and James Beadle made their debuts in the Austria friendly. He played 90 minutes at right back in a 4-1 win. He played in centre midfield for us once last season when Villa took us apart: bit of a baptism of fire. He was unlucky to have his first start in a game where the opposing manager had perfectly worked out how to exploit RDZ's tactics.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I think you underestimate the depth of opposition analysis that goes on in professional football.
Yeah, but the researchers are devoting most of their time to analysing Palace. If you wanna stand a chance of keeping your GD down against them, you gotta do your homework. They are world class you see?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here