Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

J J Akotcha........

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
People can change their minds
Wages ? Can see that being the big problem
Better than Brighton Don't think so somehow

He's a pretty big name in world football. He would surely have offers from MLS clubs if he wanted to carry on playing.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
We would be lucky i agree

But with the stadium starting and the uplift surrounding the club i think we could snare a big name like him

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

But with the stadium starting and the uplift surrounding the club i think we could snare a big name like him

But he isn't going to see the benefit of it - Why would he waste his last year of football here? I would agree that the season we go into Falmer we would have a chance of a player as big as him but not now.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
He had offers from Quatar before signing for Hull. I cant imagine Hull were offering anything like the wages rumoured from the UAE. I think National teams with large amounts of European based players are playing a lot of friendlies in the UK at the moment such as Jamaica and Nigeria.

Perhaps he would prefer to stay in England than go to the Middle East and be lost on the footballing radar. I reckon he would also back himself to have a few years left in the tank. He isnt a quick player, just very skilled and strong. I think he could do a job and its not beyond the realms of possibility.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is not totally beyond the realms of reality that a player of his stature might drop down a few leagues. See Ian Wright plying his trade for Burnley.

However, I think the one condition that would need to be satisfied to secure someone like Okocha would be the ability to pay £20k a week + and the desire to obliterate the clubs wage structure. Thankfully, I think we are a bit more sensible than that.

He doesn’t seem to be the sort of player that would want or need to uproot to the South Coast when there would be greater offers on the table.

Nice idea, but I think we will have to wait for Falmer until we get a big name who is on the wane.

Oct 25, 2003

well you think wrong

he's only got a year or so left in him, so why would he care if we're building a stadium in a few years?

"hi jay-jay, fancy playing down here for a year?"

"well i've got massive offers to play abroad, i could also play in championship if i wanted to, what you got to offer me?"

"well, we can offer shit wages, and we're building a stadium in a few years time"

".............."

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Just another rumour but i have heard this from 3 very seperate sources

Why does everyone think it's out of the question

Maybe he want's to stay in this country ?

NO-ONE on here knows what he is thinking!!!!!!!!!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Can't see it happening, he's not an ex-player, not has he ever played under MA before. If you don't tick at least one of those boxes, then it doesn't happen.

Now if you'd said Nathan Jones, I may have been believing you.

Okocha? Nah, I just can't see that happening.

*drifts off into a dream World of how BRILLIANT it would be if this was indeed true*

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
My three all time football superstars in Turkish football are Les ferdinand, Shoes Mosheu and JJ. I would be in heaven if he came to us..... can we get Shoes too... believe hes still looking for a club (at 38).

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
[/URL]allafrica.com/stories/200807080108.html"

looks dead in the water !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here