Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iwelumo Unlikely To Sign On For Us!

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
According to the Argus this morning (I always read the back page before I go to work y'know).

Iwelumo failed to report for pre-season training yesterday.

McGhee says "I had hoped Chris Iwelumo would be in, but he wasn't. I understand he is having talks with Doncaster and Wimbledon which surprises me a wee bit".

He goes on to say "It leaves me with a situation whereby without Iwelumo having agreed the 2 year contract offered to him, we only have one fit and available striker in Jake Robinson because Leon is suspended so the situation is absolutely urgent".

Last edited:

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
??? He's obviously still confused with the new league structures, he just wants 1st Division football :lolol: Seriously though, why?!?!

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
£££'s

although I cannot imagine Wimbledon having more cash than us, sorry, MK Dons!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was never that impressed anyway, as long as we get somebody in I won't be too upset.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
f***ing brilliant news in my book.
Iwelumo isnt the required standard, im first to say thanks for his efforts but this is good news, im sure MM has plenty of irons in the fire.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He obviously feels the Championship will be a league higher than he can play at and is not willing to put in the effort to improve himself

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
On £17k a week? :shootself That rules out Trev.

Last edited:

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Got to agree that it's not that bad - although our front line is now back to under 6 foot - I hope McGhee has a master plan.

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
we would get the same amount of goals in the champs league with or without him he is not good enought and he knows that

Lush

Mods' Pet
Icy Gull said:
Was never that impressed anyway, as long as we get somebody in I won't be too upset.

Totally agree.

It is difficult to get decent strikers in during the season but surely we can find someone with a better FIRST touch in the close season.

As the Greece Euro experience has shown - there's a lot to be said for a happy settled loyal squad - which is why, once players come in and settle, they are often offered extended contracts - yes, even Dave Lee.

If Big Chris is not showing any loyalty then the relationship breaks down.

I am not sorry to see him go. He made "Bruno" Benjamin look like a player with finesse.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Large One said:
I mean, FFS, John Barnes remained in the England team for years on the back of that goal against Brazil.
Yeah, but if it wasn't for that we'd never have had that classic Barnesy rap in 1990.

"There's only one way to beat them, get round the back"

Wonderful. Some things are just meant to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here