Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IWELUMO SCORES AGAIN - and we need a target man!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I reckon he knew he was not good enough for Championship football and fair play to him.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Referee!!! said:
Could be worse...

Could be Pikey :eek:

It was I can't splell :p

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Referee!!! said:
:lolol:

FOOOOOOOOOOOL

I saw you today.

*stalker alert*

Well I didn't see you, had the posse so near the front.

BTW the stewards were a great laugh today for a change.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
GUNTER said:
See Chris Iwelumo scored his 11th of the season for Colchester today. Offered to us before the start of this season after leaving German football and McGhee said he was not good enough to return (Turienzo, McCammon anyone?).....

I thought he strick up a useful partnership with Knight when he was with us and caused defences problems (even though he was not brilliant in the air).

Did we make a mistake?

No we didn't make a mistake. He was very ponderous. We could and should do better. What's Trevor Benjamin up to nowadays?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Re: Re: IWELUMO SCORES AGAIN - and we need a target man!

Tom Hark said:
No we didn't make a mistake. He was very ponderous. We could and should do better. What's Trevor Benjamin up to nowadays?
Plays for Peterborough.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Yorkie said:
How do you sign a player who has been offered a contract but doesn't turn up after the holiday?
Then turns up in Germany?

Offer him a better deal? Granted, what he was asking for was a little OTT, but both last year and this, the oppurtunity was there. However, I'm sure McGhee knows what he's doing paying £150,000 for Turienzo, giving him no starts and deciding he wanted someone else all along.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: IWELUMO SCORES AGAIN - and we need a target man!

London Irish said:
Iwelumo got 4 for us in the same season that McPhee got nine :lol:

Iwelumo joined in March.

McPhee was there all year.and had the LDV micky mouse crap to gain his goals.

not a very representative statement.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Someone made the point on SCR that we have 6 strikers at the club, perhaps we should offload 4 of them in the transfer window and get 2 new ones in.
All well and good but does anyone know of a club who will give us what we paid for the Argie? And pay him what he's reputedly on now?
I'm struggling to think of any, although the two chairman down in Hampshire both seem to have lost the plot, so we might have chance there.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Repugnant Toad said:
Offer him a better deal? Granted, what he was asking for was a little OTT, but both last year and this, the oppurtunity was there. However, I'm sure McGhee knows what he's doing paying £150,000 for Turienzo, giving him no starts and deciding he wanted someone else all along.

That was my point. How can you offer a better deal when the player isn't there to talk to. He was offered a deal. He didn't say no and was expected back for training.
What is wrong with turning up and saying he wanted a better deal and if nothing occurred then say 'I've been offered a place in Germany'

As Tom Hark said I wouldn't have wanted him at this level anyway.

As for Turienzo I think he has the ability but not the attitude. I've seen him at the reserve matches where he doesn't look interested and his agent has been going spare at him.
McGhee wants the players to compete for places, not sulk if they have to play in the reserves.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Worst thing is Magoo was a striker himself and he cant spot a decent one.

By the way I was at my work do yesterday and the Us fans love big Chris. Funnily enough just the sort of player we need....thanks Magoo you utter utter bastard.

Magoo OUT before he sends us down :angry: :angry: :angry:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
bhaexpress said:
Shit ! I actually agree with Ernie, we should have signed him.
#

For f*** sake read what Yorkie said. He WAS offered a contract, was expected to turn up to training, didn't show up, then f***ed off to Germany citing the fact we wouldn't pay his relocation expenses 'cos it's more expensive down south than that shit hole called Stoke. WHY THE f*** IS THAT MCGHEES's FAULT????

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think they mean this summer when he wa on a free and BEGGING to come back, but we didn't want him.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Silent Bob said:
I think they mean this summer when he wa on a free and BEGGING to come back, but we didn't want him.

Begging us? I don't think so.

Would you employ someone who can't be bothered to turn up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here