Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've Moved Seats, Woohoo!

It's looking that way, thankfully.

Political certainty I think. Might be an interesting agenda item at the PC Mtg on Wednesday(?), particularly how the on-street parking in Coldean & N Moulsecoomb gets dealt with; as you posted some days back, this could be v expensive for the club - shame really.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Political certainty I think. Might be an interesting agenda item at the PC Mtg on Wednesday(?), particularly how the on-street parking in Coldean & N Moulsecoomb gets dealt with; as you posted some days back, this could be v expensive for the club - shame really.

Wednesday at 2pm.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I would suggest that if this sales of yet-to-be-approved seats was raised at the Planning Committee meeting the assumption by the club of full approval (still be ratified by members officially) would be pretty embarassing to the politicians involved. I'm frankly surprised it couldn't wait, just on the basis that bad PR could always lose a vote or two.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Raced to the ground and got 6 seats (5 movers and one new) in (3 in row 3 and 3 in row 4 - ie 3 in front of the 3 behind) centre just slightly towards the North Stand. Nearly all seats in the front/centre of the ESU were already taken except these 6! Fan bloody tastic, bring on next Season.:D

Woohoo, well happy.

Good for you bud .... I decided to stay ESL and just hope I am not sat all on my own with lots of empty seats all around me!!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Already been ordered I think, along with the seats adn the electricians have begun work.

Up shit creek if it doesn't get approved, the fallout would be enormous for the green party.

Hardly. Would just enhance their environmental protectionist credentials.

but probably wouldn't help them get re-elected!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Oh, and enjoy the climb - its over 100 steps to the concourse of the WSU and believe me you need a pie and a pint after them!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
How much are they charging for adult and kids seats in ESU?
Not that I'm leaving the north stand, just curious like

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
How much are they charging for adult and kids seats in ESU?
Not that I'm leaving the north stand, just curious like

Same as ESL centre, not the family part. £287.50 including travel. There is no under 16 section in this part, only under 18 hence the dearer price.

With regard new e-cash cards, obviously new STH's will get one, any movers will also get one, as the seat etc. will be wrong on the card and they also said everybody will get one. Maybe they are slightly changing the system or something. Obviously expensive to change 15,000 cards if they don't need doing, so either they are wrong (in the shop) or there is an underlying reason.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I got a call from the club this morning, saying that I can move to the East Stand Upper from ESL and buy an additional seat for my daughter. Raced to the ground and got 6 seats (5 movers and one new) in (3 in row 3 and 3 in row 4 - ie 3 in front of the 3 behind) centre just slightly towards the North Stand. Nearly all seats in the front/centre of the ESU were already taken except these 6! Fan bloody tastic, bring on next Season.:D

For an update, the club has contacted some movers and will continue doing so this month. Waiting list people will start getting calls as of 1st May. Plenty of seats in ESU from middle to back in the centre.

Everyone will receive new season tickets/ e-cash cards, not just movers and newbies, apparently. Any money on the existing will be moved over.

Woohoo, well happy.

Now is the time for marching... :amex::clap:

Lets hope they get the planning decision go-ahead tomorrow !!

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I would suggest that if this sales of yet-to-be-approved seats was raised at the Planning Committee meeting the assumption by the club of full approval (still be ratified by members officially) would be pretty embarassing to the politicians involved. I'm frankly surprised it couldn't wait, just on the basis that bad PR could always lose a vote or two.

exactly

Same as ESL centre, not the family part. £287.50 including travel. There is no under 16 section in this part, only under 18 hence the dearer price.

With regard new e-cash cards, obviously new STH's will get one, any movers will also get one, as the seat etc. will be wrong on the card and they also said everybody will get one. Maybe they are slightly changing the system or something. Obviously expensive to change 15,000 cards if they don't need doing, so either they are wrong (in the shop) or there is an underlying reason.

With travel now being fully included, perhaps it's to achieve compatibilty with the card systems being used by Southern, Brighton & Hove Buses etc?

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
out of interest does the application for increased capacity include additional park and ride capacity? Mill Rd full as it is now and even 50 more cars trying to use it going to cause increased travel problems around the A23/27 roundabout as there were for the Reading game. If we paying a travel additional fee as part of season tkt is there any guarantee we will be able to use park and ride?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
out of interest does the application for increased capacity include additional park and ride capacity? Mill Rd full as it is now and even 50 more cars trying to use it going to cause increased travel problems around the A23/27 roundabout as there were for the Reading game. If we paying a travel additional fee as part of season tkt is there any guarantee we will be able to use park and ride?

Not this time around. The report indicates that the Racecourse P&R is under-used.

However, looking for a new P&R site is in the offing, especially with Bennett's Field car-park being unavailable in three years' time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not this time around. The report indicates that the Racecourse P&R is under-used.

However, looking for a new P&R site is in the offing, especially with Bennett's Field car-park being unavailable in three years' time.

I reckon Bennett's Field will remain in one form or another.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here