Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
The Mile Oak, Portslade, Huddersfield triangle

Maybe we are all related ......!!!!!!!!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Try living on Tyneside ... now that is north!
Last season was murder trying to get to Albion away games ... the nearest was Grimsby ... at least I had Hartlepool this season!
Oops I meant Leeds Road!!!!! (age does that!)

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Dave Armstrong. He could run like an olympic sprinter.He would kick the ball down the right wing and run after it leaving all and sundry in his wake. Only thing was that his crossing wasn't quite up to his sprinting.

Alex Dawson could head a ball harder than most players could kick it.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Dawson was a bulldozer/juggernaut ... reminded me of Oliver Reed to look at, but even uglier!
Think his best days were behind him when he joined us ... but did he score some goals ... was a great foil for Kit and yeah his heading was awesome

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Trouble is David Armstrong would hare of fdown the wing like Linfield Christie, and then he would have to wait around for Alex Dawson to arrive.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
There was a great core to that team of the late 60s: Powney, Gall, John Napier, Lawton, Livesey, Gould, Tawse and Kit Napier ... and our fullback who broke his leg and ended his career (name escapes me) ... the last great 3rd Division side before the Clough/Taylor and Mullery revolutions - most of the side was dismantled by Saward

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Charlie Livesey did not score very often, yoyu might even have to sing "I will go a million miles for one of yer goals, Charlie ..."

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
To the tune of Mammy ... remember it well with the whole North Stand singing in unison.
We bought him from Northampton I think ... dunno where he went after us ....

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Help request

How do I make this pic into a new avatar? Can anyone help please ...

Attachments

• kit.bmp
    11.6 KB · Views: 38

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Even the Chicken Run would sing a song if Charlie Livesey scored. Didn't have to do it very often though.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Wow it's so many years since I heard the enclosure referred to as the Chicken Run ..... memories memories
Goldstone lives on

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Chappers
*slap*

I was 17 and it was the days when fans were mixed. Chelsea had gone 1-0 and we were attacking. My Dad was on my left standing next to me. We all leaned forward to watch the equalise but because my Dad wasn't very tall he moved forward to see the goal.
Because we scored I flung my arms around what I thought was my Dad and kissed him ... except that it wasn't my Dad because he'd moved and I was hugging and kissing a Chelsea fan
:blush:
I jumped back in shock and blushed.

My Dad thought it was hilarious (the bloke looked as though he was enjoying it even though we'd equalised) and he wouldn't let me forget it for quite a while.

Kept saying things like 'Don't throw yourself at any fellas today' etc:lol:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Yorkie said:
Chappers
*slap*

I was 17 and it was the days when fans were mixed. Chelsea had gone 1-0 and we were attacking. My Dad was on my left standing next to me. We all leaned forward to watch the equalise but because my Dad wasn't very tall he moved forward to see the goal.
Because we scored I flung my arms around what I thought was my Dad and kissed him ... except that it wasn't my Dad because he'd moved and I was hugging and kissing a Chelsea fan
:blush:
I jumped back in shock and blushed.

My Dad thought it was hilarious (the bloke looked as though he was enjoying it even though we'd equalised) and he wouldn't let me forget it for quite a while.

Kept saying things like 'Don't throw yourself at any fellas today' etc:lol:

Brilliant ... best footie anecdote I've heard in ages
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That can't possibly be true Yorkie, way too far fetched. Just admit it, you whoopsied in your knickers didn't you?

:)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
That can't possibly be true Yorkie, way too far fetched. Just admit it, you whoopsied in your knickers didn't you?

:)

Not since I was 3 years old :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here