I've found Kit Napier!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Nobby Lawton said:
That picture brings back so many memories
Did you normally watch the game lying down then? :lolol:

Just done my neck in looking at that. Must remeber to turn the monitor on its side next time.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Everest said:
Did you normally watch the game lying down then? :lolol:

Just done my neck in looking at that. Must remeber to turn the monitor on its side next time.

Sorry but I didn't know how to turn it round. Perhaps one of the admins can do it?

It's like that in my pics file. A colleague sent it to me in an email.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Can't remember too many other Kit Napier goals. He scored a few directly from corners in at the far post.

It was a big mistake when Pat Saward got rid of him although I think he only lasted a season at Blackburn. He came from Newcastle and scored twice on his debut against Peterborough but I missed that match, and it was a 5-2 win so I started going again.

In those days without the play-offs, we knew of we going up or not before Christmas, knocked out the Cup early and the season was over and interest faltered off.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Binney_on_acid said:
Wasn't it Alan Duffy who scored from 35 yards on his 1st game. I don't think he did anything after that.

Brings back great memories for me. Wasn't that game against Bradford City? Funny, but I can clearly remember going to see something at the Connaught Theatre in Worthing after that match. Now I can't remember what I did last week.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
How come we cannot find anyone now who can take a really dangerous inswinging corner like Kit could.Mark Yates attempts were truly pitiful............................................ I can still see Napier charging down that right wing with that strange haircut he had flying in the wind.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Makes me very emotional seeing that 1969 photo...I remember Kit scoring that goal direct from a corner. Happy days...

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
How the childhood memories come flooding back!.

Anyone remember Eddie Spearrit who had one of the longest throw ins in the league ?. I recall us playing Chelsea at the Goldstone in the FA Cup when he and Chopper Harris both got sent off (the Chelsea fans as usual were on their best behaviour that day!).

And yes, Kit Napier was quality!.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
harold robbins said:
How the childhood memories come flooding back!.

Anyone remember Eddie Spearrit who had one of the longest throw ins in the league ?. I recall us playing Chelsea at the Goldstone in the FA Cup when he and Chopper Harris both got sent off (the Chelsea fans as usual were on their best behaviour that day!).

I do :wave:

I was on the East Terrace and embarrassed myself that day.
:blush:

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
Saint Norman Gall was always a solid and dependable rock at the heart of the defence....a bit like Danny Cullip but without the aggression (no criticism intended)!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I am getting quite emotional reading all this.
The memories of Nobby Lawton and the team pic really did it for me.
Kit scored in the first Albion game I ever saw (v Torquay in 1966 or 67 I think).
But my abiding memory of him was in the League Cup tie against Pompey in 1968 in front of 20,000 at the Goldstone when some Pompey defender literally ripped the shirt off his back, yet did he go down ... no, not Kit, he just kept on with the ball at his feet taking three more tackles before letting go a 25 yard on target shot.
We won the game 1-0 with a goal from that ugly juggernaut of a striker Alex Dawson!
I'll let you all know if Kit reponds!
God I am feeling old!
:cool:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I only go back as far as Ricky Marlowe and Fred Binney ( 1974)

Grummitt

Wilson ??? ??? Kinnear

Beale O'Sulivan Piper Towner

Binney Marlowe

I think?

My memory does fade ( 46 this year :eek: )

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Dave the Gaffer
Hey I lived at Mile Oak ....but was 48 this year so we probably missed each other by a generation!!!!!!!!
Biggest heroes other than Kit were Charlie Livesey, Tiger Tawse and Wally Gould (two great wingers)
OTLW

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
On the Left Wing said:
Dave the Gaffer
Hey I lived at Mile Oak ....but was 48 this year so we probably missed each other by a generation!!!!!!!!
Biggest heroes other than Kit were Charlie Livesey, Tiger Tawse and Wally Gould (two great wingers)
OTLW

And I lived at Portslade before moving north 1971

Charlie Livesey was a favourite of mine.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wahay...Portslade and Mile Oak Clique

:clap: :clap: :clap:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Small world Yorkie ... left school in 74 and went to college in Huddersfield for 3 years .... loved it and saw quite a few games at London Road but never been back!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was born in Huddersfield!

Hark now hear
Terriers sing
The Bradford run away......etc etc

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
No 26 bus from Mile Oak to the Goldstone ... what glory days ... then spent every July/August at the North Stand gates getting autographs of the players after training

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
On the Left Wing said:
Small world Yorkie ... left school in 74 and went to college in Huddersfield for 3 years .... loved it and saw quite a few games at London Road but never been back!

Leeds Rd

You haven't missed much and if I can get this flaming house sale completed I am moving back down south

Ps I am a bit older than you two :rolleyes: (only a bit though)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here