Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've found Kit Napier!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I knew he was dealing cars in South Africa ... but now I have found him after all these years!

Umgeni- Kempster Auto
Postal AddressPO Box 348Durban 4000
Physical Address901 Umgeni RdDurban 4001
Used Vehicle Sales Manager- Kit Napier

Gonna email him and ask him to write to Prescott

I'm star struck!

:) :) :) :) :)

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
didnt he go to blackburn after brighton ?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Just emailed him this .... he was brilliant, one a few players I have seen score directly from a corner!

Also remember him againt Pompey with his shirt ripped off his back tearing through their defence goalbound:

Dear Kit

You will not know me, but thousands of us still remember you and you are still rated as one of the best players EVER to wear a Brighton and Hove Albion shirt!

The reason for emailing you is B&HA could go out of existence if our Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott turns down our club's planning application for a new stadium - the situation really is that critical.

This story from today's Liverpool Echo outlines the facts.

We would all be therefore very grateful if you - like many others associated with the beautiful game - would write or email your support for the stadium to Mr Prescott.

With thanks and undying memories of your skills

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I see the commercial manager at Blackburn is Ken beamish

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ask him about the strange goal he scored against Chesterfield circa 1971, or let me know if you get a reply.

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
Is that the goal he scored after the goalkeeper put it down thinking it was a goal kick but it wasn't. Kit ran in and put it in the net!:lolol:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That's the one, except the goalkeeper must have thought it was a free kick.
He might have been unconscious.

The amazing thing was there was 17,000 or so people in the Goldstone, (the keeper ***** Stephenson had played a blinder except for the two boobs, Albion won 2-1) and only two people knew what was going on: the ref and Kit Napier.

Ironic it was a keeper Chesterfield though.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Does any one else remember the goal he scored against Peterborough(it might have been his first game)-he must have been at least 35 yards out.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
I was in South Africa and drove over the bridge over the Umgeni river a dozen or more times last year.Just outside Durban it is and to think I might of bumped into my hero there.Tiger Tawse also settled over there from that same era.When I was there I watched a lot of the local footie on the box and Terry Payne used to be the expert summeriser along with Gary Bailey...........Did`nt he make a lucky save against us once somewhere.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
On the Left Wing said:

For other Albion fans from the late 1960s and early 1970s
Still reckon he was every bit as good a striker as Peter Ward!

:clap2: :clap2:

Attachments

• oldteam.jpg
    oldteam.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 279
Last edited by a moderator:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Another memorable goal from Kit Napier was the last minute goal headed goal away at Spotland in 1971 in the penultimate game of the season on a Saturday. (Viewed from the compacted black slag heep which was their main terrace, completely full up with Albion fans.) That meant we needed to draw at home to Rochdale to go up.

It had to be good, we didn't get home until Sunday at 4 pm.

Kit Napier's style was like Garry Nelsons, but his quick witted brain was like Jimmy Greaves.

The second goal in the memorable Chesterfield match he got in between the keeper and the full back with the back passes allowed in those days and crossed for Willie Irvine to head the winner.

I felt sorry for Spotland in those days. Spotland has gone forwards and outr grounds have gone backwards.

Last edited:

Nobby Lawton

Jan 6, 2004
That picture brings back so many memories - they were the first team when I started to be taken to the Goldstone as a kid.

I had the shirt - Couldn't understand why they changed to stripes in the seventies- then I found out that the stripes were the old kit.

That Nobby Lawton was my hero along with Kit.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Nobby Lawton was a big name. The gate went straight up to 18,000 for an unimportant middle to bottom of the table third division game at the Goldstone when he signed.

Thats the Hibernian style kit which I liked at the time. Colours have gone a bit darker.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here