Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Itv wtf

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
if my company had made a massive cock up like that there would be staff working on a Sunday to put it right or try to satisfy customers that were effected

remind me never to work for you then :lolol:

PutYourHandsUp...

Jun 6, 2009
Ha! this happened down at the concorde 2! alot of unhappy people in there, we all thought it was some kind of joke!... stupid itv! x

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
England always play shit when ITV cover the game, FACT.

Pray that if we get through the group, the BBC get the knockout games. And don't use Mick McCarthy as a summariser.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea

It's absolutely right, I know it sounds stupid but it actually is TRUE.

Did you know that the late Brian Moore, ITV commentator of yore, never ONCE commentated on a knockout game that England won.

And since he's gone ITV haven't had any more luck.

People need to stop them

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Pray that if we get through the group, the BBC get the knockout games.

I believe that England games in the knock out phase are being shown by BBC and ITV. I sincerely hope so, because then maybe, just maybe ITV will see the viewing figures and take notice.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I believe that England games in the knock out phase are being shown by BBC and ITV. I sincerely hope so, because then maybe, just maybe ITV will see the viewing figures and take notice.

As the BBC are only showing one group stage game involving England then they have the pick of the last 16 and quarter final matches over ITV.

So, assuming we proceed, the BBC can cover all the England games after the next one on ITV.

Semi final and Final are able to be covered by both BBC and ITV.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well I tried to explain on the other thread, but I'll have another go :)

The transmission itself isn't done by ITV it's done by another company who also transmit other broadcasters channels as well.

There are far more channels these days than the actual companies who transmit them. Literally a handful of "transmitters" compared to many hundred channels.

Makes sense doesn't it ? Bit like the internet in way. If another company already has all the equipment and does it for hundreds of other channels, why buy all the equipment yourself. Get them to do it.

The internet is an important comparision to make. Especially as the way TV is distrubuted is going to become more and more like that in the future.

If you are trying to access this website and your internet connection fails (or perhaps more akin to TV, the ISP that is hosting NSC fails), you don't necessarily think to blame Bozza.

But that's actually what's happening here.

If the internet a decade ago was like TV when it handled it's own transmission, Bozza would be responsible for all the cables and routers that bring NSC to your desktop. Bit it isn't and most people are aware of that. What they are not generally aware of is the fact that TV distribution has become more like the internet, in that a few companies deal with the distribution of hundreds of other companies who make the content.

They don't simply take the signal and pass it on. They play the juke box, all the TV company passes over is a list of things to play.

As TV begins to get distrubuted over IP networks(i.e. more like computer networks) there is the potential for more problems like the one last night to appear.

However, people will be a bit more wised up to the fact that there are a number of companies between you and the TV channel.

Just like there are now.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It was the worst coverage of any game I’ve seen in recent memory. Not only catastrophic loss of coverage at one of the key moments, but also the incessant action replays for everything, even close ups of player’s faces in slow motion, therefore missing play which had moved on. I lost count of the number of occasions that after a reply, we were brought into play having missed the build up. ITV are absolute rubbish, they should stick to Corrie, Emmerdale and other such bilge rather than trying to do proper television. :censored:

Nothing to do with ITV , they were reliant on what SABC decided to broadcast. Mind you the ad break just made it seem worse.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's absolutely right, I know it sounds stupid but it actually is TRUE.

Did you know that the late Brian Moore, ITV commentator of yore, never ONCE commentated on a knockout game that England won.

And since he's gone ITV haven't had any more luck.

People need to stop them

I still wince at the memory of "Quickly Kevin [Keegan], do you back David Batty to score this penalty, yes or no?"

(unequivocally) "YES!"

:facepalm:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
not big deal tbh,missed the goal,but they showed it 1min later,and hd is superb and free on virgin,fuckin hell you moan about everything,get a fuckin life

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well I tried to explain on the other thread, but I'll have another go :)

The transmission itself isn't done by ITV it's done by another company who also transmit other broadcasters channels as well.

There are far more channels these days than the actual companies who transmit them. Literally a handful of "transmitters" compared to many hundred channels.

Makes sense doesn't it ? Bit like the internet in way. If another company already has all the equipment and does it for hundreds of other channels, why buy all the equipment yourself. Get them to do it.

The internet is an important comparision to make. Especially as the way TV is distrubuted is going to become more and more like that in the future.

If you are trying to access this website and your internet connection fails (or perhaps more akin to TV, the ISP that is hosting NSC fails), you don't necessarily think to blame Bozza.

But that's actually what's happening here.

If the internet a decade ago was like TV when it handled it's own transmission, Bozza would be responsible for all the cables and routers that bring NSC to your desktop. Bit it isn't and most people are aware of that. What they are not generally aware of is the fact that TV distribution has become more like the internet, in that a few companies deal with the distribution of hundreds of other companies who make the content.

They don't simply take the signal and pass it on. They play the juke box, all the TV company passes over is a list of things to play.

As TV begins to get distrubuted over IP networks(i.e. more like computer networks) there is the potential for more problems like the one last night to appear.

However, people will be a bit more wised up to the fact that there are a number of companies between you and the TV channel.

Just like there are now.

To be honest Clapham, I think you are fighting a lsoing battle here.
You evidently are the subject matter expert on this one, and have far better technical knowledge than anybody else on this, but people's emotional response is ITV broadcast the game, so any errors are down to them, regardless of who they sub out the backroom bits and bobs to.

If I buy a brand new car from Ford, and the brakes fail, I'll get pissed off with Ford, even though they haven't made the brakes they fit on their cars for about 40 years.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
not big deal tbh,missed the goal,but they showed it 1min later,and hd is superb and free on virgin,fuckin hell you moan about everything,get a fuckin life

Apart from the fact that instead of being able to spontaneously celebrate an England goal in the World Cup, we were instead all sitting there going "what the f*** ?".

But yes, it was good of them to show a replay. That more than made up for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here