Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Itv wtf

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Well I tried to explain on the other thread, but I'll have another go :)

The transmission itself isn't done by ITV it's done by another company who also transmit other broadcasters channels as well.

Sorry but ITV sub out part of their transmission, ITV are still responsible. Your reference to Bozza just emphasises the point; if we were paying customers and NSC kept going down we would blame Bozza for using a crappy web hosting service. At the end of the day, although not directly his fault, the buck would stop with him as he is paying them!

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I still wince at the memory of "Quickly Kevin [Keegan], do you back David Batty to score this penalty, yes or no?"

(unequivocally) "YES!"

:facepalm:

Not forgetting, "There's only one team that's going to win this and that's England!" against Romania, just before the Phil Neville Show... :facepalm:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sorry but ITV sub out part of their transmission, ITV are still responsible. Your reference to Bozza just emphasises the point; if we were paying customers and NSC kept going down we would blame Bozza for using a crappy web hosting service. At the end of the day, although not directly his fault, the buck would stop with him as he is paying them!

"sub out"

That phrase doesn't sit very well with me any more, although it would a few years ago.

It gives people the impression of (for example) a catering company, working within another company but actually paid and managed by others.

It's not like that at all with TV transmission.

We are talking about big seperate companies (of which there are only a few) distributing television for a number of clients. These companies are some cases bigger that the companies they are working for.

I've said before the ITV will apologise and take the rap from the viewers. All I'm doing is trying to throw a bit of light on what happens to everyone on here.

But the important point to make is that the fact that an advert was inserted into a live event has nothing to do with the producers of the live event. It's very far removed from them, done by a company in a very different location.

It's more unlikely to happen on the BBC because they don't have to insert adverts.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
But the important point to make is that the fact that an advert was inserted into a live event has nothing to do with the producers of the live event. It's very far removed from them, done by a company in a very different location.

Nobody gives a shit WHO pushed the wrong button, at the end of the day SOMEBODY who is being paid by ITV (directly or indirectly) made ANOTHER huge f*** up. If they are not capable of transmitting two lots of 45 minutes without putting ads in between they should not be allowed to broadcast items so important as England internationals

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Nobody gives a shit WHO pushed the wrong button, at the end of the day SOMEBODY who is being paid by ITV (directly or indirectly) made ANOTHER huge f*** up. If they are not capable of transmitting two lots of 45 minutes without putting ads in between they should not be allowed to broadcast items so important as England internationals

Well ITV give a shit who "pressed the wrong button" as you put it. I'd imagine some meeting will be arranged for Monday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here