Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Itv wtf

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
ITV HD is free on Freesat and Freeview HD where available. Cost me all of about ~£100 for a Freesat HD box when they came out.

No freeview HD yet in brighton and surrounding area :(

bha_28

Jun 13, 2010
Dulverton, Somerset
It didnt happen in our pub, so i didnt experience it, but we had alot of people complaining about it when they came in that night, ITV really do need to make sure this doesnt happen, especially during the world cup!

ITV HD is free on Freesat and Freeview HD where available. Cost me all of about ~£100 for a Freesat HD box when they came out.

Ohhhhhhh FAIR ENOUGH, did not realise there are other free or cheaper alternatives.....so not so bad then.............still. ITV, bloody idiots AGAIN. same happened on last lap of french grand prix a few yrs back on the very last 2 corners in a very rare situation where there were 2 cars actually fighting to the death neck and neck......NICE ONE ITV!!!!! I was only kidding by the way, about the one up comment....they really are morons on that channel

marshallmercury

Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
I'm not a great fan of itv but to be fair to them they have very limited control over what the match covarage is. i think they have a couple of their own camera's in the ground that they can cut to but the match feed (replays,slow mo replays,close up's etc) are from the south african broadcasters who are maybe trying a bit too hard to show viewers everything and anything.
Having said that there is no excuse for itv HD to cock up like they did last night.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It was the worst coverage of any game I’ve seen in recent memory. Not only catastrophic loss of coverage at one of the key moments, but also the incessant action replays for everything, even close ups of player’s faces in slow motion, therefore missing play which had moved on. I lost count of the number of occasions that after a reply, we were brought into play having missed the build up. ITV are absolute rubbish, they should stick to Corrie, Emmerdale and other such bilge rather than trying to do proper television. :censored:

The advert cock up was their fault, but the actual match broadcast is supplied by the broadcaster in South Africa which ITV or BBC has no control over.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pissed me off so much that did. We were totally robbed of what SHOULD have been a fantastic moment of spontaneous celebration at Englands first goal in the World Cup. Instead we get a car advert, then cut back to Gerrard celebrating, and a mixture of confusion, anger and delight all at the same time.

Their HD coverage is a shambles. They tried to cover the Reading v Liverpool FA Cup tie live on HD last season, but the transmission was continuously blacking out, so eventually I had to resort to their lego-blocks SD picture instead.

I'm sure there'll be some limp exuses about this (latest) ad break being a 3rd parties fault - well sorry, its ITV's name on the coverage, therefore they take FULL responsibility for who they are channelling their technical vision mixing out to. Bunch of mugs.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Pissed me off so much that did. We were totally robbed of what SHOULD have been a fantastic moment of spontaneous celebration at Englands first goal in the World Cup. Instead we get a car advert, then cut back to Gerrard celebrating, and a mixture of confusion, anger and delight all at the same time.

Their HD coverage is a shambles. They tried to cover the Reading v Liverpool FA Cup tie live on HD last season, but the transmission was continuously blacking out, so eventually I had to resort to their lego-blocks SD picture instead.

I'm sure there'll be some limp exuses about this (latest) ad break being a 3rd parties fault - well sorry, its ITV's name on the coverage, therefore they take FULL responsibility for who they are channelling their technical vision mixing out to. Bunch of mugs.

It does say on the ad, "hyundai sponsors itv's coverage of the world cup" so it was there ad and they have control of it, not anyone else. BBC have no ads, so would of been no problem, why many are in favour of bbc doing coverage.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It does say on the ad, "hyundai sponsors itv's coverage of the world cup" so it was there ad and they have control of it, not anyone else. BBC have no ads, so would of been no problem, why many are in favour of bbc doing coverage.

I seriously doubt someone at Hyundai has direct control over pressing the button to cut to their ads.

ITV cannot shirk the blame here. If they have no control over the vision mixing on one of their own broadcasts, then they have to take responsibility for whoever its farmed out to. They're raking in the £££'s off the back of the INCESSANT adverts during their coverage, so the buck has to stop with them.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
[yt]cv3GoUlHu18[/yt]

:facepalm:

:angry:

Terrible isn't it. The pub erupted as soon as it cut back to the game and it all sort of got forgotten,

Someone deserves to pay with their job , possibly their life

Public stoning should be re-introduced

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
I seriously doubt someone at Hyundai has direct control over pressing the button to cut to their ads.

ITV cannot shirk the blame here. If they have no control over the vision mixing on one of their own broadcasts, then they have to take responsibility for whoever its farmed out to. They're raking in the £££'s off the back of the INCESSANT adverts during their coverage, so the buck has to stop with them.

No i meant the ad was itv's not hyundai's or anyone elses, so they cant transfer the blame.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Is there a facebook group campaigning against itv showing football yet. Adrian chiles must be regretting joining these amateurs.

I'm rather glad he jumped ship, I'm fed up with his "i'm a fan too as I support West Brom " shit..... he looks like a badgers arse too so good riddance.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I rekon they pretend it was an accident but really they have been paid a lot of money for the advert to go out during the match...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here