Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV Sport. Why?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Could someone please point out to those MONGTARDS at ITV Sport that the referee is not there in order to hype the game up further and make sure that the English side wins, but rather to enforce the rules of the game as he sees it and be fair to both sides?

Gangster Venables and those other two chubby TURDS weren't even THAT bothered afterwards about whether the decisions to send Lehmann off and not to give the first Barca goal offside were right (I think they both were), but whether they'd "ruined the spectacle"...I despair, I really do, as if that's the whole point and as if the European Cup Final needs bigging up any more.

They seemed more interested in some twattery involving Robbie Williams arsing around playing football at Old Trafford than the game anyway. Gorgeous Gabby, sort 'em out and get 'em out while you're at it.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
And I didn't like the way the interviewers colluded with the idea that the first goal was offside. It simply wasn't - or if it was - it was very very tight.

And Gabby - less eye-liner and get out your baps.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Gabby appeared to be wearing the uniform of a Superdrug checkout girl.

And no, I don't want to know about 'forthcoming sport' on ITV, like boxing. f*** off.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
BUT the game was on SKY so why entertain 2nd rate broadcasting ?? I bet they didn't even show the game in widescreen !!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dick Knights Mum said:

Maybe her rugger bugger husband is beating her up and the Robert Smith fancy dress is to hide it. :(

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Dick Knights Mum said:
And I didn't like the way the interviewers colluded with the idea that the first goal was offside. It simply wasn't - or if it was - it was very very tight.

"It simply wasn't - or if it was - it was very very tight."......

:lolol:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Flicking between the two, Sky was even worse... or rather, Andy Gray was.

Banging on and on and on about the referee ruining the game. Strange, cos I didn't see the ref run over and chop down Eto'o as he was about to shoot....

And they had the same whinge about the "offside" goal. BUt how was the linesman supposed to see that deft little touch from Larsson... from the 18 yard camera, you could hardly see Larsson, let alone the extra pass.

Didn't rate the ref much overall myself, but even Henry was more fair-minded that the commentators when he refused to say the officials had cost them the game.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
Could someone please point out to those MONGTARDS at ITV Sport that the referee is not there in order to hype the game up further and make sure that the English side wins, but rather to enforce the rules of the game as he sees it and be fair to both sides?

Gangster Venables and those other two chubby TURDS weren't even THAT bothered afterwards about whether the decisions to send Lehmann off and not to give the first Barca goal offside were right (I think they both were), but whether they'd "ruined the spectacle"...I despair, I really do, as if that's the whole point and as if the European Cup Final needs bigging up any more.

They seemed more interested in some twattery involving Robbie Williams arsing around playing football at Old Trafford than the game anyway. Gorgeous Gabby, sort 'em out and get 'em out while you're at it.

All correct except the last bit. She ain't nice, I prefer her old man.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I had to watch it with the sound turned down. Why anyone thinks that David Pleat is interesting to listen to is beyond me. A totally, soulless, joyless, ignorant, illiterate plank of wood you couldn't hope to meet, or wouldn't want to meet in a month of Sundays.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
captainmorganrum said:
Pleaty made me laugh - just before Barca equalised he was discussing how close Arsenal were to winning the CL.

"the sight is in end"
:D

er...............

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I would really, really like to watch televised football matches with no commentary but the crowd noise etc. Can't be beyond the wit of man these days, you'd have thought.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Much as it can be quite maligned, I still FAR prefer watching footy on the BBC. Granted, Motty is getting old and smelly, and his arse is doing more talking than his mouth is, but their presentation is much, much better, and constantly interrupted by banal announcements and advertisement. Alan Hansen, Alan Shearer and Gary Lineker can be quite good value for their views on the game.

There is something quite cringeworthy in ITV's footy presentation. The panda presenter, the geezer panellist, the mockney Irish panellist and the pished giggling Scotsman panellist. I am all for football punditry sounding like it's a conversation between three friends in a bar, but not when the bar is a sleay Soho wine bar with one of them loooking like she is going to take the other three home for a game of 'Every Hole's a Goal'.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yes ITV sports commentary has always been abysmal. That's a fact gleaned from secondary school, and younger posters must have been told by the same teachers the same about Sky.

Simple answers, for albeit a simple question. You could ignore the commentary. Or invite a mate round, and again slate the commentary. Or for my favourite, listen to radio commentary whist watching the TV.

I must agree re the comments about Gabby though. Why is she starting to look like a smack addled goth. If I wanted to see one of those I would walk down St. James' Street, not turn on the telly.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
ITV Sport wasn't ALWAYS shite though. I'm not just saying it because he's dead but I always thought Brian Moore was an excellent commentator, primarily because of his genuine modesty and his knowing when to shut up.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Brian Moore: "It's all up for grabs now..."

Hugh Johns: "Wwwon - nothing"

David Bobin: "Unlucky Saints..." :nono:

Martin Tyler: "I am sick of doing football for Anglia Television. The football here is dreadful, I hate Ipswich winning all the time, everyone is Norwich has six toes, Colchester is a shit hole, and Luton smells, and when Aston Villa, I am fed up of watching that shit, useless young Scottish thug Andy Gray only head the ball - even at kick-off. I really wish the digital revolution would hurry up, so that I can jump ship as soon as possible..."

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
The Large One said:
Much as it can be quite maligned, I still FAR prefer watching footy on the BBC. Granted, Motty is getting old and smelly, and his arse is doing more talking than his mouth is, but their presentation is much, much better, and constantly interrupted by banal announcements and advertisement. Alan Hansen, Alan Shearer and Gary Lineker can be quite good value for their views on the game.

There is something quite cringeworthy in ITV's footy presentation. The panda presenter, the geezer panellist, the mockney Irish panellist and the pished giggling Scotsman panellist. I am all for football punditry sounding like it's a conversation between three friends in a bar, but not when the bar is a sleay Soho wine bar with one of them loooking like she is going to take the other three home for a game of 'Every Hole's a Goal'.
The big plus of watching football on the beeb is that you can chose your commentary, or just have the crowd noise. For me the FA cup final was watched mainly without any annoying commentator. Shame BBC weren't doing CL last night too

Dougal said:
she's def sexed it up , should keep her in the job for a while though

But out of her depth, as were all of the ITV muppets. No sensible anaylsis was offered. Babs and baboons galore!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here