Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV poor poor poor

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Unfortunately this time it was. In no particular order they...
- Kept missing the Mexican moves until they cut back to a clear chance in front of goal
- Completely mis-called the Mexican goal - they both thought that Greene & Baines had cleared it when everyone at home could see that it was in (and the score changed immediately).
- Kept confusing Walcott with Johnson - almost to the extent that you would have thought they had swapped positions.
- Didn't give any replays of Rooney's lob that was cleared off the line by a defender. One of the best bits of skill in the entire game.

To my mind the entire production team was a complete joke and I'm not looking forward to watching any games they have a monopoly on broadcasting.

Wait for the irony when on numerous occasions during the world cup they comment on the poor decision making by the South African Director when choosing which camera to use

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
yes the commentary is bad but wouldn't you rather watch the game on than not? If it bothers you that much just mute the damn tele or don't watch it at all. Gah, all this bloody moaning :rant::rant::rant:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In 2006, the BBC streamed ALL of their games on the interweb. ITV, being shithouse and backward, didn't.

However, both broadcasters are streaming their games this time around. My guess is that one broadcaster will carry perfect quality streamed games with few issues, and one will just freeze every two minutes making it impossible to watch on line, but will then bleat about "unexpected demand" or some bollocks. Guess which broadcaster I believe will do the shit job?

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Guess which broadcaster I believe will do the shit job?

Chanel 9?

the_fast_show_series_one_profilelarge.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whoops

World of Sport - Yahoo! Eurosport

Nike may withhold a £1.5 million payment to ITV because they cut the end off their breathtaking new advert after the Champions League final.
The three-minute ad, which features stars such as Wayne Rooney, Didier Drogba and Cristiano Ronaldo, ended 10 seconds early - before the Nike logo could be displayed.

ITV are due to receive the bumper payment from the sportswear manufacturer for the primetime slot immediately after the final whistle - but may now have to write it off.

"It is disappointing," said a Nike spokeswoman. "We're waiting to hear back from ITV."

ITV spokesman James Macleod said: "We are looking into the cause of the issue and are in close dialogue with Nike about it."

The 'Write the Future' ad was screened simultaneously in 32 countries.

Directed by Mexican star Alejandro Inarritu, it features Rooney being knighted by the Queen for a match-saving tackle - having contemplated living out his life as a loner had he not made it - Ronaldo nutmegging Homer Simpson and NBA legend Kobe Bryant performing a Ronaldinho-esqe scissors move to celebrate a basket.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Drury is the worst commentator of the lot. He surpasses even Tyldesley these days. Their surprise for the first 15 minutes that Mexico were any good was patronising and ill-informed beyond belief. They've consistently played good passing football at world cups and hadn't let a goal in for five games. They have some excellent players. As for their surprise at the mexico goal - was I the only one thinking of AlandPartridge shouting "Shit! It's a goal!"

Do you know what I thought Tyldsley was the pits but I think I agree, Drury is unbelievably......even worse, his commentary is patronising (don't use up all your luck before the World Cup, Crouchie) and unbelievably biased (just admit it Mexico were out-playing us) and as for the goal I mean it was virtually touching the back of the net, how could they NOT think it was in? What did they think was happening?

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Whoops

World of Sport - Yahoo! Eurosport

Nike may withhold a £1.5 million payment to ITV because they cut the end off their breathtaking new advert after the Champions League final.
The three-minute ad, which features stars such as Wayne Rooney, Didier Drogba and Cristiano Ronaldo, ended 10 seconds early - before the Nike logo could be displayed.

ITV are due to receive the bumper payment from the sportswear manufacturer for the primetime slot immediately after the final whistle - but may now have to write it off.

"It is disappointing," said a Nike spokeswoman. "We're waiting to hear back from ITV."

ITV spokesman James Macleod said: "We are looking into the cause of the issue and are in close dialogue with Nike about it."

The 'Write the Future' ad was screened simultaneously in 32 countries.

Directed by Mexican star Alejandro Inarritu, it features Rooney being knighted by the Queen for a match-saving tackle - having contemplated living out his life as a loner had he not made it - Ronaldo nutmegging Homer Simpson and NBA legend Kobe Bryant performing a Ronaldinho-esqe scissors move to celebrate a basket.

that is the most amazing advert. Wayne Rooney living in a camper van with a big ginger beard made me crack up :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Just hit the MUTE button and quit complaining

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
To all those saying hit mute and quit moaning etc, surely a football forum is the place to moan about football commentary if we want to isnt it? I want to listen to commentary when I watch football and I think as they are being paid to do the job they should be able to provided a half decent level of commentary. It appears however that this is beyond that tin-pot commercial station. I LOVE the world cup and I do not want my enjoyment of the matches ruined by these idiots

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
The shots of Wembley from the air at night with the arch lit up was beautiful to see no matter what channel it was on.

Kudos to the FA for covering up the late comers in the club wembley seats by making the seats the red cross in the crowd with the white/red t-shirts thing. First time ive been fooled into thinking that stadium was full(ish) at any point in a football match!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The shots of Wembley from the air at night with the arch lit up was beautiful to see no matter what channel it was on.

Kudos to the FA for covering up the late comers in the club wembley seats by making the seats the red cross in the crowd with the white/red t-shirts thing. First time ive been fooled into thinking that stadium was full(ish) at any point in a football match!

You couldn't have looked very hard then! At the start of the second half those seats were so obviously empty, it's an embarrasment. Must admit I pissed myself laughing when Johnson scored and they'd all missed it.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I dont mind Townsend & Co.Its just the 2 main commentators on ITV.

Here's Johnny!

Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
You couldn't have looked very hard then! At the start of the second half those seats were so obviously empty, it's an embarrasment. Must admit I pissed myself laughing when Johnson scored and they'd all missed it.

I did see the shot of them all filtering back through after Johnsons goal and had a good laugh but thought the cross thingy at least stopped it standing out how empty they were until you got a close up.

Of course I dont have HD or anything fancy so maybe it was glaringly obvious but I wasnt looking.

Do we think Falmer will look the same through the middle tier for the first 10mins of each half/midweek matches and low interest games?...........Yep but atleast the club will keep taking their cash :lol:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

Isn't there a stadium in Portugal where the seats are all different colours - so it looks like they're all occupied from a distance?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I honestly don't care about the empty seats just after half time. I remember back at the goldstone sitting in the south stand, there was one window for half time food, and the queue was huge and often still being served as the second half kicks off. Are all of those people that stayed in the queue not proper fans? Does the team wait for everyone to get back in their seats before they start putting all their effort in? Do they feel less important, less able to do their jobs because there's a few empty seats?

I imagine there were seats all over the ground that were waiting for people to come back from the loos/burger bars. Are they not real fans?

Why make such a big deal over it? Sure, the section is full of complimentaries and business men/politicians, but why should they be considered as lesser fans, when "regular people" are late back to their seats all the time at every ground around the country?

If it bothers the TV people so much, why don't they stick to different camera angles for the start of the second half?

Here's Johnny!

Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
I honestly don't care about the empty seats just after half time. I remember back at the goldstone sitting in the south stand, there was one window for half time food, and the queue was huge and often still being served as the second half kicks off. Are all of those people that stayed in the queue not proper fans? Does the team wait for everyone to get back in their seats before they start putting all their effort in? Do they feel less important, less able to do their jobs because there's a few empty seats?

I imagine there were seats all over the ground that were waiting for people to come back from the loos/burger bars. Are they not real fans?

Why make such a big deal over it? Sure, the section is full of complimentaries and business men/politicians, but why should they be considered as lesser fans, when "regular people" are late back to their seats all the time at every ground around the country?

If it bothers the TV people so much, why don't they stick to different camera angles for the start of the second half?

Not making a big deal just dont think it looks very good and to be honest think people should be in the best seats at the stadium watching the game when it's being played. I couldnt afford one so doesnt affect me either way just my personal opinion like.

Different horses for different courses I suppose. For example your not bothered about empty seats and i'd rather shoot myself than watch Glee :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here