Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV poor poor poor

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Why does that twat Townsend insist on calling the goal, the goals? Does the thick twat not understand plural and singular.

Added to which Gerrard was complete shite tonight, nothing unusual there though.

The last two words of that sentence describes your post

Don't know whether you where agreeing/disagreeing with Goring Gull yet I happen to agree, he is bloody useless. He has NEVER been a good player for England and the reason he looks/is good for Liverpool is that he had Alonso, and before that Hamman to cover up all his mistakes. Now Alonso is gone he is not the player he was for Liverpool and can only rely on ONE decent midfielder to tidy up for him, Mascherano.

Without Barry/Lampard around him he will be no good at the world cup.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
I dont really listen to the commentators,just watch the match,and`make my own opinions,half time I usually turn over for 15 minutes and at the end of the match turn over again.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I wish everyone would stop being so precious, it was a football match on TV.

OK, put it in simple terms...that most will understand...the difference between ITV and the Beeb or Sky in football coverage is like comparing Tesco own brand bitter with a pint of...(insert whatever your all time favourite pint is)!!!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
That reminds me, when watching the Champions League Final on Saturday, with Inter 2-0 up and approaching full time Clive Tyldesley piped up with "they won't be on the beers in Munich tonight".

REALLY Clive? In MUNICH?

The home of OKTOBERFEST

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Contradicting myself slightly here, but the greatest ITVism in commentary was in the FA Cup final, surely?

"Now how long has it taken us to see that that ball has crossed the line, and is a goal?"

(a few minutes later)

"I don't know you know, that's not in!"

Morons. :lolol:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
That reminds me, when watching the Champions League Final on Saturday, with Inter 2-0 up and approaching full time Clive Tyldesley piped up with "they won't be on the beers in Munich tonight".

REALLY Clive? In MUNICH?

The home of OKTOBERFEST

To be fair - that was the point he was making.

I agree with Hiney - I like both Townsend and Southgate. And Chiles did well. The commemtator is shit - but the big problem for ITV is the adverts - and I don't suppose there is much to do about those.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Drury is the worst commentator of the lot. He surpasses even Tyldesley these days. Their surprise for the first 15 minutes that Mexico were any good was patronising and ill-informed beyond belief. They've consistently played good passing football at world cups and hadn't let a goal in for five games. They have some excellent players. As for their surprise at the mexico goal - was I the only one thinking of AlandPartridge shouting "Shit! It's a goal!"

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
What are you all moaning about? Christ, it wasn't THAT bad. As usual, it's just the fashion to be critical of ITV's coverage. Get over it, it isn't that bad and it really doesn't matter.

Unfortunately this time it was. In no particular order they...
- Kept missing the Mexican moves until they cut back to a clear chance in front of goal
- Completely mis-called the Mexican goal - they both thought that Greene & Baines had cleared it when everyone at home could see that it was in (and the score changed immediately).
- Kept confusing Walcott with Johnson - almost to the extent that you would have thought they had swapped positions.
- Didn't give any replays of Rooney's lob that was cleared off the line by a defender. One of the best bits of skill in the entire game.

To my mind the entire production team was a complete joke and I'm not looking forward to watching any games they have a monopoly on broadcasting.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Adrian Chiles IS a good presenter, and I don't mind Gareth Southgate as well - at least you don't get simpering platitudes from them.

But it must be something to do with having to graduate at the 'ITV School of Excitable Ennui' that I find excrutiating. Peter Drury and Clive Tyldesley were OK for the BBC. They move over to ITV and all of a sudden they're screaming gobshites.

The 'oh, they've given it' moment last night was painful. Of course the ref's given it, it went into the bloody goal. :facepalm:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Chiles is a slick performer. Bleakley would have been better off jumping into his bed than fat Franks. Still the last laugh will be on Chiles as he sniggers when Frank blazes a penalty over the bar in the 2nd round penalty shoot out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here