Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV Highlights - pathetic with a capital PAH

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Might be fixtured here, but I'm a busy man so I'll say it anyway.

GOOD EFFORT to ITV last night. You've got an hours worth of Carling Cup highlights with two fairly major, unexpected shocks to cover. So what do we get ? Nearly half an hour of Newcastle v Spurs in an empty stadium, followed by extended highlights of that tense and enthralling 4-0 stroll for Chelsea at Pompey. Between the ads, they JUST ABOUT managed to squeeze in the goals (and just the goals) from Withdean and Villa park, before the previous nights goals were shown. It seems any Cup highlights package simply HAVE to feature two Premiership clubs against each other first and foremost, because of course we oh-so-rarely see that kind of spectacle week in, week out do we.

Well. Done. Everyone.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Might be fixtured here, but I'm a busy man so I'll say it anyway.

GOOD EFFORT to ITV last night. You've got an hours worth of Carling Cup highlights with two fairly major, unexpected shocks to cover. So what do we get ? Nearly half an hour of Newcastle v Spurs in an empty stadium, followed by extended highlights of that tense and enthralling 4-0 stroll for Chelsea at Pompey. Between the ads, they JUST ABOUT managed to squeeze in the goals (and just the goals) from Withdean and Villa park, before the previous nights goals were shown. It seems any Cup highlights package simply HAVE to feature two Premiership clubs against each other first and foremost, because of course we oh-so-rarely see that kind of spectacle week in, week out do we.

Well. Done. Everyone.

I fell asleep three times in the highlights of the Spurs, i've never understood why they have the already televised games shown in extended highlights anyway. Let's hope Sky's round-up is better

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
It was terrible wasn't it, as I expected though.

Better on Sky Sports News.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Exactly!

It is so obviously because they are starved of fawning at the feet of the Premiershite that they take any opportunity to feature them if they can.

BBC are just the same. They get a classic FA Cup 3rd round day and instead of going to somewhere with shock possibilities (like say Palace against anyone) it'll be Arsenal v Man Utd AGAIN o0r Everton v Villa AGAIN.

And what do you think will be top story on local TV tonight? some interview with a Pompey defender about why they're so shit and probably a montage of all ten goals they've let in this week.

Still, I don't care. Like you I was there and it was forking great

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
it was gash of the highest order.
Can tolerate watching Pompey get turned over again, especially with those fickle scum bags walking out and booing.

A token look at our goals was a disgrace really though

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Totally agree with you Easy. I was APPALLED at the lack of coverage we got on ITV last night. I think that with City's recent high profile, and the total and utter SHOCK factor of the result, we should have had TOP billing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And what do you think will be top story on local TV tonight? some interview with a Pompey defender about why they're so shit and probably a montage of all ten goals they've let in this week.

I quite like the sound of that, actually.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
The 3rd round of the FA cup needs a shake up i'm sick of seeing Premiership V Premiership game son BBC - lets get Chelsea against Donny or Bury V Bolton something for the giantkilling lovers to salivate over but no this year it will be Liverpool v spurs or the like.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
right , lets open the book

to the closest SECOND , how long will we get on either South Today or Meridian Tonight this evening?

I reckon 30 seconds on each , with Pompus getting a good 5 minutes on each

Sky are just as bad, what game did they decide to televise live last night? Newcastle v Spurs. Of course that is such a rare match between the two sides, we can see them play each other possibly at least twice this season on live television!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
Sky are just as bad, what game did they decide to televise live last night? Newcastle v Spurs. Of course that is such a rare match between the two sides, we can see them play each other possibly at least twice this season on live television!

I totally agree,they are both in dire straights of their own stupidity but the Albion were forced into the position that they find themselves and City are trying come out of the shadows of the scum next door.
Sky could have shown it and advertised it as SKINT v RICHES and i think their viewing figures would have been sky high.

Bearing in mind it was bottom and second from botom, not actually going to pull in the crowds.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
it did feature robbie earle though....

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
And as I drove home last night, turning to 5 live soccer phone in from 11pm: they had about 7 minutes with an Arsenal fan on their match (24 hours earlier), then a predictable moaning Geordie - then they started on about what had happened in the Premiershite last weekend. At which point I turned off. W******

Ringo

Jan 22, 2008
Newick
I find Sky Sports News always seem to do us justice, but totally agree we never see much from the terrestrial channels and even less from the BBC website...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
And as I drove home last night, turning to 5 live soccer phone in from 11pm: they had about 7 minutes with an Arsenal fan on their match (24 hours earlier), then a predictable moaning Geordie - then they started on about what had happened in the Premiershite last weekend. At which point I turned off. W******

between 10.30 and 11 there was a fair amount of talk about our game to be fair

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I fell asleep three times in the highlights of the Spurs, i've never understood why they have the already televised games shown in extended highlights anyway. Let's hope Sky's round-up is better

Because not everyone has seen it. And also because it's got full OB coverage, and so can be treated as a commentary game. It's not possible to put six cameras (at least) at every ground, just in case there's an upset.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here