Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV Commentary - what a load of pretentious SHIT

Oct 25, 2003
f***ing itv have been awful for ages, and have been especially cringeworthy in the champions league

-"another magical european night at anfield"

-wanking over real madrids 'galaticos' a few years back

-"this is roberto carlos territory"

-"that magical night in barcelona"

it's just PAINFUL to listen to- every game they show- and has been for years

why do they REFUSE to get any good pundits? do they actually not want any good ones? are they doing it for a joke

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the fact that that is the first time that barcelona have failed to score at home this season denotes its a good result for chelsea

second leg is very nicely poised - chelsea will no doubt be more attacking, and that may allow barca to counter as they sure as hell couldnt break down chelsea tonight with all their pretty play

the itv commentary was a JOKE though - so much so that i actually went to the trouble to find an internet stream so i could listen to what i believe was RUSSIAN commentary

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Bring back Elton Welsby!

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0aoaNwbW-f4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0aoaNwbW-f4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Surely if you were that bothered you would have simply pressed the MUTE button?

and miss out on picking up on some CLASSIC russian terminology?! i think not!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Just describe the game you PRICK.

"Barcelona - where football art meets science"

f*** OFF!!

What a load of crap. ITV should be BANNED from screening any half-decent sport.

Grrrrrrr, yes I hate when they say things like that. Sounds so stupid.
And when Messi hit the volley way over they said "They don't let any old craftsman do that"
Footballers are not craftsman, end of.

It does wind me up, when they try to make out to us that football is some sort of special science that we will never understand and you need a degree to understand what's going on in the players minds.
Wenger is the same, he talks about footballers like they are bloody brain surgeons.

IS FOOTBALL JUST NOT, HIT THE ROUND BALL IN BETWEEN THE WHITE POSTS, TRY TO STOP THE OTHER TEAM FROM GETTING THE BALL IN BETWEEN YOUR WHITE POSTS.

Last edited:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Sounds like ITV haven't got any better - the names Pleat, Drery & Townsend should be enough for anyone to reach for the mute button. However, Tyldesley would be even worse.

I settled down at 8.45 here in front of ORF1 (Austria's main channel) and the game didn't come on until 9.00. Their excuse - they had a new detective show which they didn't want to postpone because of football. So, we missed the first 15 minutes...

No way they'd have done that to Formula 1 or fecking skiing. Scum!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Typical NSC over reaction, at least you get to watch Champion's League football on terrestial and if you can get high blood pressure listening to commentary on teams you don't even support maybe you are just angry by nature?

Mar 13, 2008
No, I wouldn't have penalties either. I'd just have unlimited extra time with a 'next goal wins' scenario.

And of course a 1-0 win for Chelsea would have been an incredible result. I don't really get your point. I'm not debating what is and isn't a good score, I'm just saying the way european football is so heavily reliant on away goals isn't fair.
Golden goal? That was tried and all that happened was team sat back and defended.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
What channel number is that

from avforums.com

Morning All,

Don't know if anyone has shown how you can do this, but it is possible, but only for customers with the NEW SKY HD EPG.

First go to OPTIONS, then get into the ADD CHANNELS sub section.

Add these detials:

H
2/3

And then SEARCH FOR CHANNELS (YELLOW)

Then it will find new new channels, with one in the bottom left corner, called 10510 (this is ITV HD) then highlight it with YELLOW (A tick appears) then press SELECT to store.

Then to watch ITV HD you have to go to OTHER CHANNELS and select 10510.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
from avforums.com

Morning All,

Don't know if anyone has shown how you can do this, but it is possible, but only for customers with the NEW SKY HD EPG.

First go to OPTIONS, then get into the ADD CHANNELS sub section.

Add these detials:

H
2/3

And then SEARCH FOR CHANNELS (YELLOW)

Then it will find new new channels, with one in the bottom left corner, called 10510 (this is ITV HD) then highlight it with YELLOW (A tick appears) then press SELECT to store.

Then to watch ITV HD you have to go to OTHER CHANNELS and select 10510.

Virgin seriously need to have a word with themselves. It's been nearly 2 years since we got Virgin + and there hasn't been ONE extra HD channell added. That's the only bloody reason we got it! :mad:

Oh yes, and ITV is utter turd.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No, I wouldn't have penalties either. I'd just have unlimited extra time with a 'next goal wins' scenario.

And of course a 1-0 win for Chelsea would have been an incredible result. I don't really get your point. I'm not debating what is and isn't a good score, I'm just saying the way european football is so heavily reliant on away goals isn't fair.

Unlimited extra time! I doubt whether there is anyone in the real world that would countenance such a scheme. Two boring teams scared to lose playing like Soton v Spurs in 1978. You do realise who finances the champions league. TV companies that have schedules. What if there is no score after 3 hours of football, the players would just walk around and then not be fit for their next league game and that would provoke uproar.

Personally, I think away goals are a good idea as it puts the onus on the home team to attack and leads to better second legs.

Seconded, was it David Pleat? I cannot watch any program he is commentating on :mad:

The thing with Pleat is that he just forgets about football some times and talks a load of rubbish. For instance " oh and Messi has the ball..." then he will go onto say something completely irrelevant like " did you know Messi has a driving license"

He just shouldn't be allowed on air although when the ITV screen world cup games for the life of me i don't know why they put pleat and Mick f***ing Mcarthy together and do they deliberately find the worst possible goalless draw between Paraguay and Slovenia as well. Utter, utter shit.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Virgin seriously need to have a word with themselves. It's been nearly 2 years since we got Virgin + and there hasn't been ONE extra HD channell added. That's the only bloody reason we got it! :mad:

Oh yes, and ITV is utter turd.

be patient from what I've read your be up to your neck in them by the end of the year ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here