Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iTunes 12 days of Christmas

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Day 1 - Started well with 3 Coldplay live tracks and accompanying videos.
Day 2 - some Top Gear vids (which are still downloading!).
Day 3 - disappointing - a Lady Gaga track.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Very disappointed this year as the app isn't compatible with my 2nd gen iPod. It's ridiculous how only the people with the newer versions have access to it. Yes i know you can download them from the computer but its s bit of a hassle isnt it. Having said that having seen the list so far I can safely say I'm not missing much.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Day 4 - The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo. A book FFS!!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Having got a 4S for Christmas so never had it before but its all free which is pretty cool, Yes I'm not interested in the book but it took a few seconds to download and if I'm ever stuck in an airport bored I might read it.

It's free, Quick to download what's the problem. You could pay for it?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Unless it's something I don't like (e.g. top gear) I'm planning on downloading all of them, because they are free and maybe I will like them.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Don't get me wrong - I will download the book (because it's free) but I was hoping for something more I suppose.

I understand that, no matter how it is dressed up, it is just a marketing tool for Apple/iTunes to get people to try other things that they might not have otherwise done so and in that respect it has, by it's very nature, got to be varied and diverse in what it offers.

However, I would have liked a few of my favourite games and albums free (which will never happen obviously) and maybe the final series of The Shield chucked in for good measure!

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Don't get me wrong - I will download the book (because it's free) but I was hoping for something more I suppose.

I understand that, no matter how it is dressed up, it is just a marketing tool for Apple/iTunes to get people to try other things that they might not have otherwise done so and in that respect it has, by it's very nature, got to be varied and diverse in what it offers.

However, I would have liked a few of my favourite games and albums free (which will never happen obviously) and maybe the final series of The Shield chucked in for good measure!
Your such a techy !!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I can see that. I think they use it to try to tempt people to do what they wouldn't normally, and I think they would have more success getting people to buy other books if they offered a good one free (people would see the opportunity for a free ebook they like, will check it out and realise ereading isn't as bad as they thought it would be so would try another, whereas I doubt I'll even read this one; similar theory behind downloading films/tv shows, apps, audiobooks).

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Pretty poor show in my opinion, even though my contract is just up I am not in that much of a hurry to change my phone or indeed even update it, last year the 12 days was fine for the 3g this year it's not compatible, not good Mr Apple :nono:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
If they are your favourites, don't you have them already? What difference would iTunes offering them for free make to you?

Didn't have you down as a pedant Bozza!

OK - rephrase - some games I like the look of but don't want to pay money for! How's that?!?!

But it does irk somewhat when you pay £6.99 for a game only for it to be reduced to 69p a few weeks later (FIFA12) but I guess that is (literally) the price you pay for getting it when it comes out rather than waiting a while. Lesson learned.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But it does irk somewhat when you pay £6.99 for a game only for it to be reduced to 69p a few weeks later (FIFA12) but I guess that is (literally) the price you pay for getting it when it comes out rather than waiting a while. Lesson learned.

That's nothing to do with Apple/The App Store - each developer can name and change the price as and when they like.

Often the reverse of that example above happens too - new apps/games are released at a lower price to encourage sales and the price is then bumped up a notch or two shortly after.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
That's nothing to do with Apple/The App Store - each developer can name and change the price as and when they like.

Often the reverse of that example above happens too - new apps/games are released at a lower price to encourage sales and the price is then bumped up a notch or two shortly after.

That was a separate rant - I realise its nothing to do with Apple. Some you win some you lose!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
The freebies all look pretty duff so far, - I've swerved on all of them. Hopefully things'll improve.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Are the top gear videos still available and if so where are they ?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Day 5 - Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - brilliant game. But I already have it as it is one of my favourites - take note [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here