Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's time to get behind Andy Murray

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I cannot believe that people are still going on about this.

If Scotland had qualified for the World Cup and England hadn't, and you were in Scotland and a Scottish reporter was winding you up and taking the piss out of you for it (bearing in mind you are only about 18) can you not imagine yourself jokingly saying back that Scotland are rubbish and you hope they get thrashed anyway, or something similar?

It's not like he called a press conference and said "I'd just like to announce that I hate England and want them to lose every game", is it? Give the guy a break.

Nah, he doesn't deserve a break. Murray is an incredibly boring individual. The fact that he dislikes England is a drop in the ocean. He's very unlikeable.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Nah, he doesn't deserve a break. Murray is an incredibly boring individual. The fact that he dislikes England is a drop in the ocean. He's very unlikeable.

Dislike him because he's boring, fine, but the whole anti-England thing is ridiculous.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Same with the women isn't it? Hard to get behind any of them except perhaps that Lisicki one, because they're all dull automatons. At least Lisicki looks like she's up for it. If Murray wasn't British (hoho), then nobody would be behind him any more than, say, Djokovic, because he's boring.

I should add I'm not watching this afternoon so I've no idea if Lisicki's even still in the tournament.

She is ... but she won't be in about 45 seconds though

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
He openly boasted that he wanted the England World Cup football team to loose.
So, the sweaty sock can go and stuff himself.

1. The comment was said in sarcastic fashion
2. He represents Britain in tennis, if football had a British team then he would support them
3. The word is lose not loose

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I cannot believe that people are still going on about this.

If Scotland had qualified for the World Cup and England hadn't, and you were in Scotland and a Scottish reporter was winding you up and taking the piss out of you for it (bearing in mind you are only about 18) can you not imagine yourself jokingly saying back that Scotland are rubbish and you hope they get thrashed anyway, or something similar?

It's not like he called a press conference and said "I'd just like to announce that I hate England and want them to lose every game", is it? Give the guy a break.
True. Thus if I did that, I wouldn't expect Scottish people to support me.

Roddick's been by far my favourite player for about eight years now, but of those still in the tournament, it's Tsonga or Nadal all the way.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
can you not imagine yourself jokingly saying back that Scotland are rubbish and you hope they get thrashed anyway, or something similar?

Yeah but when does Murray say ANYTHING jokingly? I don't think I've ever even seen him smile.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Never said he was you nobend, said i want Tsonga to win the wimbledon, now go jog on

Well maybe johnterry1 you should have made it more obvious in your initial post rather, how many more BORING anti murray threads will be see this year, in fact how many more BORING posts made by you.

Personally if its a Murray Tsonga final I will be more than happy as its a win win for me having Tsonga 33-1 e/w.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Bloody hell. He's not expecting people to support him...or not. It is ridiculous that he is painted as the anti-christ for allegedly hating England. He's got plenty of support as it is, without a a gaggle of challenged people.

He lives in England, his girlfriend is English and one of his tennis idols was Tim Henman. Does that sound like someone who hates England? Christ. He's got plenty of dosh about. I am sure he could disappear to another country without having to put up with boring old whingers reeling out the Paraguay shirt bollocks every year.

He hasn't done a Hamilton and dashed off to avoid the public glare (or tax).

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's one thing to want a player to win a sporting event.

It's another to specifically want an individual to lose.

Doesn't matter who it is.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't think anyone called Murray will ever have a nice thing written about him again on NSC

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The guy is an absolutely fantastic tennis player and he is British.

If you can't support him because of a joke (who here has NEVER joked that they hate/dislike/want Scotland to lose) then thats a shame.

His matches have been entertaining and I can't wait for the Nadal game tomorrow. I feel sorry for those who don't feel the same excitement when he plays as it's one of the highlights of annual british sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here