Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's time to get behind Andy Murray

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I feel sorry for those who don't feel the same excitement when he plays as it's one of the highlights of annual british sport.

Oh get over yourself, I doubt he'll EVER be involved in a game as exciting as the Tsonga vs Federer game yesterday, so I don't need your sorrow but thanks for the thought.

Any 5 setter with Murray will involve, snarling, swearing, racquet abuse and tantrums at some stage.

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Oh get over yourself, I doubt he'll EVER be involved in a game as exciting as the Tsonga vs Federer game yesterday, so I don't need your sorrow but thanks for the thought.

I certainly don't need to GET OVER myself as you so nicely put it.

I am not JUDGING you. I just feel its a shame that people miss out on the excitement of having one of the best in the world at a sport.

If you had that logic regarding the Tsonga/Fed match then you should NEVER watch any other match again as it 'wont be as exciting'

In fact why did you watch that match? It wasnt as good as the Fed/Nadal epic or the Isner/Mahut game...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I certainly don't need to GET OVER myself as you so nicely put it.

I am not JUDGING you. I just feel its a shame that people miss out on the excitement of having one of the best in the world at a sport.

If you had that logic regarding the Tsonga/Fed match then you should NEVER watch any other match again as it 'wont be as exciting'

In fact why did you watch that match? It wasnt as good as the Fed/Nadal epic or the Isner/Mahut game...

I'll happily watch a match with Murray in, chances are I'll want him to lose, I could get just as excited seeing Tsonga beating him as I would if Murray was beaten by Federer in a 5 setter. By the same token I'll support Murray against Nadal as I am sick of his and his cohorts in the boxes cocky expecting to win smug attitude. I just don't feel the need to support Murray because he's British, it's a stupid argument in my opinion.

I didn't actually mean to be as rude to you in my last post as it sounded in retrospect, apologies.

terry1

Banned
Jun 19, 2011
Patcham
Well maybe johnterry1 you should have made it more obvious in your initial post rather, how many more BORING anti murray threads will be see this year, in fact how many more BORING posts made by you.

Personally if its a Murray Tsonga final I will be more than happy as its a win win for me having Tsonga 33-1 e/w.

My boring threads?? take a look at the amount of views and comments of my threads..... Hardly boring

To be honest, I am not going to lose sleep if he does or does't win. However, him winning would at least put an end to all the "is this the year we finally get the first men's singles champion since Fred Perry" rubbish. Then Sue Barker et al can f***ing move on and we can just enjoy any good match on it's merit.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I want Murray to win Wimbledon, and it makes no difference from the GB winning gold medals at the Olympics or anything else. If you lot want to be Scotphobic that is your prerogative, but I want the guy to win.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I just don't feel the need to support Murray because he's British, it's a stupid argument in my opinion.

This is a true argument for many Americans too, as many don't get behind Roddick and have been very damning of their own tennis players in recent years.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Regardless of charisma, personalities and who's the good guy, isn't it about time a British man won our British Grand Slam?

I'd rather get that monkey off our backs first, then we can go back to hating Murray next year.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
If Murray can't do it this year, I doubt he'll ever do it. This is his real chance. If he does somehow manage to get to the final, I will probably root for him, although the media will be nauseating.

wakokid

Jun 10, 2011
Lancing
I want Nadal to win it. I like him (from what I've seen) he seems like a really nice bloke. Got nothing against Murray but I just don't feel an affinity with him. I'm not a Scotaphobe (or whatever you call it) I love Scotland a lot so it's nothing to do with that I just like Nadal. Is that OK??

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I want Nadal to win it. I like him (from what I've seen) he seems like a really nice bloke. Got nothing against Murray but I just don't feel an affinity with him. I'm not a Scotaphobe (or whatever you call it) I love Scotland a lot so it's nothing to do with that I just like Nadal. Is that OK??

From what you say you just don't like, or watch tennis... most here don't watch the circuit around the world and just base everything on Wimbledon. I think there is some great jealousy against a Brit/Scot here ... do those that don't like the jock also not like the Welsh, Irish and Scots winning golds for GBR in the Olympics either? Nothing against you wakokid, I just used your quote as a general. I seriously want him to win the title, and any other title around the world... he doesn't represent a country, he represents himself unless it is Davis Cup, however I want to see a Brit win a Slam in my lifetime. Grit your teeth scotphobes!

wakokid

Jun 10, 2011
Lancing
From what you say you just don't like, or watch tennis... most here don't watch the circuit around the world and just base everything on Wimbledon. I think there is some great jealousy against a Brit/Scot here ... do those that don't like the jock also not like the Welsh, Irish and Scots winning golds for GBR in the Olympics either? Nothing against you wakokid, I just used your quote as a general. I seriously want him to win the title, and any other title around the world... he doesn't represent a country, he represents himself unless it is Davis Cup, however I want to see a Brit win a Slam in my lifetime. Grit your teeth scotphobes!

So what you're saying is anyone who doesn't back Andy Murray doesn't like or watch tennis...?? slightly strange comment dude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here