Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's Southgate!!!!!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Might be making myself look silly here in a few weeks, but I don't think there is any way on this earth that Southgate gets the United job. Never ever ever in a million years.
You’d think not in a sane world, but there are several things supporting it.

INEOS have made it clear they would like a British coach if at all possible, realistically there’s very few to choose from. Southgate, Potter, McKenna… of these, only Southgate really has “Manchester United” reputation fame wise.

Related to the above, they naturally want to relive the Ferguson years. Cut their massive debt by developing young home grown players, who they can eventually sell for profit, and stop relying on very expensive mercenaries. A British head coach with strong FA ties would match that desire.

He has been consistently linked over a period of time now because of the above, albeit with nothing concrete

There aren’t a lot of top level coaches available, and few who would jump at the chance of leaving a successful club competing in the Champions League/winning trophies to join what is a bit of a thankless task and basket case club at present. Short of someone looking for a payday - the very thing they’re trying to avoid under the new ownership.

I think this might have legs. Potter too.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
It'll be whoever Ferguson wants. They have repeated the error of allowing Busby to ghost around the club basically haunting future managers into failure, but this time it's 10x as bad because Ferguson has an actual role and is still the alpha male of Old Trafford. They will only be successful again once Ferguson is off the scene or they somehow find a manager that is at least his equal in terms being the biggest bully in the school.

I'd love it to be Southgate because I think he'd fail and I think it would be spectacular, it would set them back even further, win win.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
It'll be whoever Ferguson wants. They have repeated the error of allowing Busby to ghost around the club basically haunting future managers into failure, but this time it's 10x as bad because Ferguson has an actual role and is still the alpha male of Old Trafford. They will only be successful again once Ferguson is off the scene or they somehow find a manager that is at least his equal in terms being the biggest bully in the school.

I'd love it to be Southgate because I think he'd fail and I think it would be spectacular, it would set them back even further, win win.
Rumour says Ferguson wants Allegri.. which would be nearly as fun as Southgate.
I think if the next manager is English, its probably a decision done by Ashworth & co, and some sort of indication they're moving away from Fergie having the strongest voice.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Sounds like Man U are bang up for it tonight, described by Ten Hag as Mad AND Motivated' a dangerous combination for any opposition side. Still seething at having to play so much of the game with 10 men after Fernandes's unfair sending off. Guy just can't catch a break.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
With Dan Ashworth now at Old Trafford and also reports that Eddie Howe and Paul Mitchell have a strained relationship at Newcastle, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if a 'bombshell' was dropped on Tyneside in a couple of weeks time.

Ashworth and his mates would have already been tapping him up. Howe would be the perfect fit for Ineos.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
With Dan Ashworth now at Old Trafford and also reports that Eddie Howe and Paul Mitchell have a strained relationship at Newcastle, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if a 'bombshell' was dropped on Tyneside in a couple of weeks time.

Ashworth and his mates would have already been tapping him up. Howe would be the perfect fit for Ineos.
I actualy rate Howe as a manager so this wouldn't be quite as funny.
I still live in hope of Southgate to Palace though.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here