Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's Southgate!!!!!

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Rumours circulating that the vultures are circling for Ten Hag, two poor results in the next 5 days will see him leave the club and United's number one choice for replacement is GSouth and they are willing to make him the highest paid manager in the PL to get their man.
Such a foolish foolish appointment, let's hope it happens

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I genuinely don’t get what they would see in Southgate, at no point have even some of the biggest advocates of his time in England said “Southgate…absolute tactical genius”.

Him against Guardiola would be the footballing equivalent of lions vs Christians, but less of a close contest.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Will never understand why the Brentford manager is never mentioned for top jobs
Because no top club wants to play the football they do. Its all a bit like when they signed Moyes. I agree he is very underrated though.

As for Southgate... well. Dan Ashworth usually go for British coaches so that direction seems likely.

Michael Carrick seems a much more sensible pick to me.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Southgate is massively popular within the Man U hierarchy. Ashworth has worked with him and talked of how highlty he rates him as a coach and tactician and he has worked closely with Dave Brailsford. Sir Jim Ratcliffe is understood to be a huge admirer too in his quest to put Man U 'back where they belong' at the top of the Premiership. He won't come cheap, suggestions are they are willing to make him the highest paid manager in the EPL currently.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
To counter that banter, Southgate would get eaten alive in the Man Utd job. What they need is someone who is going to get the team playing on the front foot and scoring goals. The goalkeeper is a clown who seems incapable of moving along his line, but the defence is dodgy. Just shift the focus on being good going forward, get them playing well on the counter-attack and life will be easier there. Southgate would absolutely highlight the problems they have by wanting to defend deep but getting caught out again and again and again, whilst not being able to score goals. If they appoint Southgate, they'll fire him at the end of the season.

Ten Hag will get sacked before Christmas and be replaced by Van Nisterlrooy until the summer. If they qualify for Europe, they'll stick with him. If they don't, he'll be gone too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Southgate is massively popular within the Man U hierarchy. Ashworth has worked with him and talked of how highlty he rates him as a coach and tactician and he has worked closely with Dave Brailsford. Sir Jim Ratcliffe is understood to be a huge admirer too in his quest to put Man U 'back where they belong' at the top of the Premiership. He won't come cheap, suggestions are they are willing to make him the highest paid manager in the EPL currently.
I agree that Southgate would be successful in the Premiership.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The waistcoatwanker is Beaky's back up plan I reckon, so he'd hate to see Southgate off the dole. The waistoatwanker must be the thing of Palace fans' nightmares. For that reason, I hope the waistcoatwanker remain unemployed.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I think Tuchel wouldn’t be a bad choice and he’s available.

Man U fans might like having someone back in the reigns who has a little fire under his belly - he has the obvious experience of managing a big PL club, and bringing home the silver.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Might be making myself look silly here in a few weeks, but I don't think there is any way on this earth that Southgate gets the United job. Never ever ever in a million years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here