Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's official, McCammon throws toys out the pram

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Actually reading that he makes alot of sense!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Whilst I have sympathy for the bloke he has to be jokig if he thinks he's Championship quality. Having not done well at either Millwall or here he needs to acceot his future is at a lower level. He does well in a LEague One side maybe we'll see him in adifferent light.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Hardly call it throwing toys out of the pram when what he says makes a lot of sense, i can understand his frustration about being called back to not even feature in the squad.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
true, true.

"I went on trial at Watford, got called back on the Friday and I felt a bit hard done by. I'm now back at Brighton and not in the squad."

If he wasnt going to get in the team then why call him back? That is like being given a chance and then having it taken away from you for no reason.

Vote Mcgammon!

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Can see where he is coming from on the fans thing.

In 2002/03, even though we did go down, I thought the support of the team was fantastic.

Would be nice to replicate that for the rest of the season rather than slate the manager and players.

:albion:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He was clearly injured and unfit last season.
If he's only started 3 games all season,then he really hasn't been given a chance to prove himself, especially as in one of those (millwall) he was our best player and has not started again

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This article doesn't make anyone connected with the club look good.

At the end of the day he's a shit striker and the sooner we replace him with someone else the better. He's clearly deluded about what a great player he is.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
On this occasion

McGammon 8
McGhee 4
Harty 2

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Hardly toys out material is it? He was insulted by someone who has access to a very public forum (BBC SCR), and he put his point across - if he had called Harty a crap presenter, Harty would have been able to reply. The points he makes (that have been put on the BBC site) are all valid. SImilarly, if MM is quite happy to take problems into the public arena, the players have an equally valid ability and right to do the same. They are not bringing the club into disrepute any more than MM.

We seem to lurch from target to target on here, once one goes we line the next one up. Once McCammon goes, as he surely will if he has any sense now, who will be the next target for the fans? FDM almost got the mantle, written off by many as no use after his long layoff, as did Flo once MM had waved him off to the cross-channel ferry, and Mayo has been quite close. Jakey was built up on here, and is now no longer the flavour of the month, Gatting is. Lynch and El Abd are high on the altar of NSC worship now - perhaps one of them could be attacked once McCammon goes?

Whether the players all read this or not, if even one of them reads it why should he not repeat what he sees on here in the dressing room or on the training ground? What can it do to a player to have their confidence knocked on a daily basis?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Now this is interesting, Mark McCammon in born again hero shock ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Trigger said:
Hardly call it throwing toys out of the pram when what he says makes a lot of sense, i can understand his frustration about being called back to not even feature in the squad.
On the face of it, that is shit way for McGhee to conduct his business, even if McCammon is rubbish.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think it's "toys out of the pram" time at all. He may have an inflated sense of his own ability - but that just means he has a lot of self-confidence and a high sense of self-worth.

The rest of it is pretty spot-on.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
I was starting to think that Gammon could have a positive affect on our season after watching the Millwall game, good at holding the ball up and won countless headers.

However, at the end of the day he is always going to be judged on the goals he scores and unfortunately it just aint gonna happen for him!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
He's rubbish,his place is in non league football.

Game ,set,match ........ McGhee.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Why was he recalled from Watford?
Could it be that Watford didn't want him?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Yorkie said:
Why was he recalled from Watford?
Could it be that Watford didn't want him?
re·call ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-kôl)
tr.v. re·called, re·call·ing, re·calls
To ask or order to return: recalled all workers who had been laid off.
To summon back to awareness of or concern with the subject or situation at hand.
To remember; recollect. See Synonyms at remember.
To cancel, take back, or revoke.
To bring back; restore.
To request return (of a product) to the manufacturer, as for necessary repairs or adjustments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here