Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's official, McCammon throws toys out the pram

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Yorkie said:
Why was he recalled from Watford?
Could it be that Watford didn't want him?

that wouldn't be a recall, that would be them sending him back

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Pavilionaire said:
This article doesn't make anyone connected with the club look good.

At the end of the day he's a shit striker and the sooner we replace him with someone else the better. He's clearly deluded about what a great player he is.

Exactly!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Scotty M said:
that wouldn't be a recall, that would be them sending him back

So how do you recall someone who is on trial?
I would have thought you recall a loan. He wasn't on loan.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
bhaexpress said:
Now this is interesting, Mark McCammon in born again hero shock ?

you are a mug!

Leave the guy alone. don't slaughter him for having an opinion and voicing it!

Shock Horror ! BhaExpress posts another load of bollocks!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Yorkie said:
So how do you recall someone who is on trial?
I would have thought you recall a loan. He wasn't on loan.

He is under contract to us. He was, for whatever reason, at Watford. MM saw fit to invoke his contractual obligation and bring him back to us. Whether he is trialling or on loan, we pay his wages, he comes back when MM says - whether MM is doing it to prove that he can, or whether he needs him back in the team.

But there doesn't sem a lot of sense or planned thought behind sending him out to Watford on January 27, bringing him back on January 30, and not playing him on january 31

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
bhanutz said:
you are a mug!

Leave the guy alone. don't slaughter him for having an opinion and voicing it!

Shock Horror ! BhaExpress posts another load of bollocks!

You rather missed the point didn't you ? Suddenly people are not slagging him off, something I've never done actually even though I don't think he's good enough, think you're the one posting bollox.

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
bhaexpress said:
You rather missed the point didn't you ? Suddenly people are not slagging him off, something I've never done actually even though I don't think he's good enough, think you're the one posting bollox.

It's kind of guy butters all over again though isn't it, I wouldn't say all but a lot were slagging him off, he gets put up on ebay, everyone is embarrassed and he becomes a figure of worship (I personally have a secret love picture in my wallet) and everyone conveniently forgets how nasty they were just the week before.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i think the only time i saw mccammon this season was when he came on at hull and he looked really good. i think he ought to be given more of a chance. but then again i obviously have not seen how bad he can be.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
McCammon said you have to have played 7 or 8 games before youm have real match fitness and can start banging in the goals - bollocks!

Michael Owen scored regularly for Real without playing a full 90 mins, similarly Crespo and Gudjonsen seem to score regularly for Chelsea without playing every match, Zamora's done it for West Ham etc etc.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Zamora had a couple of seasons playing for West Ham without scoring regularly but they stuck with him.

caz

Aug 10, 2005
HampshireSeagulls said:
Hardly toys out material is it? He was insulted by someone who has access to a very public forum (BBC SCR), and he put his point across - if he had called Harty a crap presenter, Harty would have been able to reply. The points he makes (that have been put on the BBC site) are all valid. SImilarly, if MM is quite happy to take problems into the public arena, the players have an equally valid ability and right to do the same. They are not bringing the club into disrepute any more than MM.

We seem to lurch from target to target on here, once one goes we line the next one up. Once McCammon goes, as he surely will if he has any sense now, who will be the next target for the fans? FDM almost got the mantle, written off by many as no use after his long layoff, as did Flo once MM had waved him off to the cross-channel ferry, and Mayo has been quite close. Jakey was built up on here, and is now no longer the flavour of the month, Gatting is. Lynch and El Abd are high on the altar of NSC worship now - perhaps one of them could be attacked once McCammon goes?

100% AGREE.

Whether the players all read this or not, if even one of them reads it why should he not repeat what he sees on here in the dressing room or on the training ground? What can it do to a player to have their confidence knocked on a daily basis?

caz

Aug 10, 2005
HampshireSeagulls said:
Hardly toys out material is it? He was insulted by someone who has access to a very public forum (BBC SCR), and he put his point across - if he had called Harty a crap presenter, Harty would have been able to reply. The points he makes (that have been put on the BBC site) are all valid. SImilarly, if MM is quite happy to take problems into the public arena, the players have an equally valid ability and right to do the same. They are not bringing the club into disrepute any more than MM.

We seem to lurch from target to target on here, once one goes we line the next one up. Once McCammon goes, as he surely will if he has any sense now, who will be the next target for the fans? FDM almost got the mantle, written off by many as no use after his long layoff, as did Flo once MM had waved him off to the cross-channel ferry, and Mayo has been quite close. Jakey was built up on here, and is now no longer the flavour of the month, Gatting is. Lynch and El Abd are high on the altar of NSC worship now - perhaps one of them could be attacked once McCammon goes?

100% AGREE.

Whether the players all read this or not, if even one of them reads it why should he not repeat what he sees on here in the dressing room or on the training ground? What can it do to a player to have their confidence knocked on a daily basis?

100% AGREE

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I thought that bit about 'as you're not a professional footballer etc etc...' was utter bollocks, and not very bright.

Harty (or anyone else on here for that matter) is not an engineer or a designer, but can still appreciate a Ferrari, nor does one have to be an artist to appreciate the Mona Lisa, or a painting by Goya or Valezquez. Similarly, you don't have to be a professional footballer to appreciate whether someone is a talented footballer or not.

By all means exercise your right to an opinion and criticise Harty if it's valid, but not using that analogy, it just doesn't stand up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here