Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's not 'somethink' for F*CK sake

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
chips and gravy said:
When I lived up north people were convinced I said cap of tea

Oh god, don't even get me started on northerners trying to tell ME how to pronounce words. Twats.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
ANOTHER one, its "Suit you sir!" NOT "Suit's you sir!"

As said by the Brighton fan (forget his name) that does the sketch.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
fatbadger said:
It's not 'for f*** sake', its' 'for f***'s sake'.

It's not 'It's not 'for f*** sake', its' 'for f***'s sake' it's 'It's not 'for f*** safe, it's 'for f*** sake'. For f***'s sake.

Jason Speaks

Feb 4, 2004
Portslade
CrabtreeBHA said:
lol this reminds me of a Des Lynam interview once, he said he hated the way people pronounce Brighton as Broighton and not Bright-en as its supposed (?) to be!

I pronouce its Broighton

Actually when pronounced correctly with a nasal plosion the t is silent.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Barnet Seagull said:
agreed

People not knowing the difference between a f***ing huge ocean and the word specific, pisses me right off.

I thought that was just me!

i get strange looks when I sit there and say Pacific is an ocean.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I spoke to a man today who said "pacifically" instead of "specifically". And I think he was quite rich and owned lots of land.

Maybe he owned an ocean ....

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Right, my go.

The people who say 'skelenton'.

The people who pronounce the word 'schedule' as 'skedule'. It's pronounced 'shedule'. We're British, for f***'s sake, not American.

The people who say 'evidently' when they mean 'apparently'.

AND...

The people who say 'infer' or 'inferring' instead of 'imply' or 'implying'. There's a f***ing massive difference between 'infer' and 'imply'.

OH YEAH...

And the people who use the word 'enormity' when they certainly don't know what the word means.

Last edited:

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
It's not 'It's not 'for f*** sake', its' 'for f***'s sake' it's 'It's not 'for f*** safe, it's 'for f*** sake'. For f***'s sake.

I can't believe it's not "It's not 'It's not 'for f*** sake', its' 'for f***'s sake' it's 'It's not 'for f*** safe, it's 'for f*** sake'. For f***'s sake "...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
funniest/most embarrasing moment of being articulate was when going to lewes college for a taster day a year ago and the tutor said
'what school are you at' and i replied 'longhill'
the whole class starting saying, 'ooh posh kid' just because i prenounced the 'h' instead of calling it longill. also prenouncing the t in brighton was apparently making me posh aswell....chav gits:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here