Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its not over yet

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Yes it is great being 6 points clear at the top of the league in january.
But we are not even half way throuth the season yet & people are talking
like we have already won the league.There is no doubt we have a better chance than any other team in this division because we are 6 points clear.
Lets keep our feet on the ground & give the team our full support in what
could be a great season.:bhasign:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It doesn't matter a jot if we keep our feet on the ground or not. What matters is if the players and managers do that.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
We have survived a seriously bad slump in form,we are streets ahead of any other team in goal difference and have one miserly defence AND 6 points clear.Why the negativity?

Too many big clubs with far greater resourses chasing us down.Also forgetting yesterdays mismatch our recent
form is not the greatest.
We have had a great christmas period without playing that much due to our rivals getting beaten.
If we can repeat our early season form we will be fine

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think most of us know it'll go down to the wire. This season is exceeding my expectations.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hartlepool and Brentford are not to be ruled out, there are literally 7 teams within 5 or 6 points its so tight.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Hartlepool and Brentford are not to be ruled out, there are literally 7 teams within 5 or 6 points its so tight.

I think that proves what a poor division this is.I think promotion can be achieved with fewer points
this season than in previous seasons because everbody is beatable.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree with the thread. Unfortunately the idiots who wer assuming we'd romp the lg 2 months ago are back out in force. People are taking a shit load forgranted.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
We have survived a seriously bad slump in form,we are streets ahead of any other team in goal difference and have one miserly defence AND 6 points clear.Why the negativity?
its not about being negative its being realistic !!! we havent even reached the half way mark yet and who knows what injuries,suspensions bad luck ect are around the corner

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Bit early to suggest we're out of our dip in form after one win. Although performance wise Charlton and Orient has seen us return to our previous form. Need to string together a couple of wins now to pile the pressure on the rest

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Too many big clubs with far greater resourses chasing us down.Also forgetting yesterdays mismatch our recent
form is not the greatest.
We have had a great christmas period without playing that much due to our rivals getting beaten.
If we can repeat our early season form we will be fine

Home form was always going to be the key for us and this year so far we are nailing it. So long as we carry that on we will be where we need to be. Also we now have a left footed winger who can play left or right side so you would hope our games will improve somewhat. Add to that 1 or 2 new signings plus navs and you would hope that will give us more strength in depth in the not too distant future either :thumbsup:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Nothing wrong with having high expectation levels reading a listening to Gus he is confident so why shouldn't the fans.
As previouslly stated it's the sort of league where everyone has the potential to beat each other. Keep the home form going and the minimum will be a Play-Off.
I reckon milk it and enjoy while we are there you don't know what's round the corner.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I think most of us know it'll go down to the wire. This season is exceeding my expectations.

Most of us are conditioned to expect it to go to the wire. We are used to being involved at one end of the table or the other, end of last season felt odd with being safe relatively early :shrug:

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
NSC Patron
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Nothing wrong with having high expectation levels reading a listening to Gus he is confident so why shouldn't the fans.
As previouslly stated it's the sort of league where everyone has the potential to beat each other. Keep the home form going and the minimum will be a Play-Off.
I reckon milk it and enjoy while we are there you don't know what's round the corner.

:thumbsup: That's the idea!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Home form was always going to be the key for us and this year so far we are nailing it. So long as we carry that on we will be where we need to be. Also we now have a left footed winger who can play left or right side so you would hope our games will improve somewhat. Add to that 1 or 2 new signings plus navs and you would hope that will give us more strength in depth in the not too distant future either :thumbsup:

Im glad that we have added (from what i have heard) a good player to our squad .This season so far has been
really good.We are top of the league 6 points clear yet from my point of you have given so many points away
rochdale (h) 2.2 (2 points)
tranmere (a) 1.2 (1 point)
bournemouth (h) (2 points)
bristol rovers (h) (2 points)
huddersfield (a) (1 point)

8 points lost in the last 5 minuetes

Although not forgetting OLDHAM (H) SANDAZA (WHAT A GOAL) (3 POINTS)

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Im glad that we have added (from what i have heard) a good player to our squad .This season so far has been
really good.We are top of the league 6 points clear yet from my point of you have given so many points away
rochdale (h) 2.2 (2 points)
tranmere (a) 1.2 (1 point)
bournemouth (h) (2 points)
bristol rovers (h) (2 points)
huddersfield (a) (1 point)

8 points lost in the last 5 minutes

Although not forgetting OLDHAM (H) SANDAZA (WHAT A GOAL) (3 POINTS)

Agree we have dropped a few points last minutes but so far we have won 11 drawn 7 out of 21. The games we have drawn at home, had they been a year ago I'm sure we would have lost. I'm not saying we are promoted or that we have won the league BUT I really do believe it is ours to lose now, the 2 performances last week were both real team displays and should now be the start of another decent run, we may not have the best individuals in this league but we have the best team of players and the best manager.

Let's just hope it ends up like the first Withdean Championship season with promotion assured at Easter (Plymouth??) with 6 games to spare and a win to seal the Championship at the last game against Cheaterfield.

billinghampooilie

Jan 3, 2011
why is it a poor league? Because little hartlepool and brentford are so close to the top? Bloody hell theres sheff Wed, Charlton, Huddersfield and Southampton to name a few in the league. I think one or two of your fans are getting a bit carried away with yourselves and are starting to belittle other clubs. Is this the same club that have had no home for years and were on their knees. Your a good team but theres plenty of teams waiting to catch you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here