Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its like banging my f***ing head against a brick wall

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If a compnay has a non-English native call centre and an English-native one (thats not US/CA, because I can't understand them either), hang up and dial again till you get the English language one.

Sky engineers are even told that - if they get an Indian CS rep, dial again and again till they get through to Livingstone.

HP and Apple keep putting me through to France, Apple in particular have call centre staff who can't speak English properly - worse than any Indian outsourcer - so I won't deal with them anymore.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
I run a Windows network in school. Whenever we ring support I'm there for ages chatting for ages to an Indian.

Try this for light relief:

http://www.deadtroll.com/video/helldeskcable.html

Whenever I'm on hold now I think of this video.

P.s you need sound.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The language thing is a problem, but any attempt to raise it sees you termed racist. I have really really struggled to understand what people are saying to me over call centre phones – I'm not being racist, or arsey, or anything: I'm trying with all my concentration to decipher their acccent, but I can't. Add in a fractional time delay and occasionally fuzzy line, and it's a recipe for farce.

But the bigger problem is that, realistically, they can't offer anything other than rudimentary 'reading from a script' responses. They have no real access to information, no idea how to solve problems, no flexibility in how they deal with something, no knowledge of the sector or industry in which they supposedly 'work' – absolutely no concept of personal service remains. All "my" bank can do now is read the same information off a screen that I can see myself by logging onto the internet. In terms of actually helping me with my enquiry, I might as well go and ask next door's cat.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
don't get me started on SKY - Called to have it changed into my girlfriends name as she'd split from her husband and he no longer lived at the address. Was told he needed to make the call ( yeah right - the guys a f*cking dick and doesn't even buy his daughter a birthday present!) I said what happens if the partner is dead, do they have to call from heaven to say 'please change the account name'??? the bloomin indian guy just kept reading his script and wouldn't help at all.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You criticised someone who is not English. You must be a rascist :shootself

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Hiney said:
The trouble with Call Centres is that they can cope with the mundane stuff, no problem but if anything needs escalating, they haven't got a clue.

The question "Can I speak to a Supervisor" is usually met with a standard response along the lines of "there's no-one here to take your call".

What a load of CRAP.

l

That's because they are told to say that (as was I when a good accounts office was turned into a call centre in 1993)
I fell out with my boss because I told her I would refuse to lie.

Call centres are evil sweat shops.Under no consideration can they be called customer service.

Yoda

English & European
Wardywonderland said:
I called National Rail the other month to inquire about a rail journy from Eastbourne to Amersham. The only reason that i called was because for some reason the web site was saying that there was only one train a day and that did not get there untill about 11pm.

The guy at the other end told me the same information. I pointed out to him that there were trains every hour from Watford to Amersham, to which he agreed.

I then told him that there were trains to Watford from Brighton ever 30 - 45 minutes. Again he agreed.

So I asked him how it could take 14 hours to get from Eastbourne to Amersham. To this he replied that that was what the computer was telling him.

I then tried to explain that I KNEW that was what the website was saying but also KNEW it was wrong. He said that the computer was nevr wrong, etc etc etc.

In the end I just worked out each part of the journy myself.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

What a nob! :dunce:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I phoned Claims Direct the other day because I shat myself in a taxi coming home after a few scoops and a kebab.

They were really awkward with me and wanted to know why I was calling. I pointed out that their advert on the TV says that if you have an accident and it's not your fault to phone their number, and as I did not fill my kecks on purpose they should sort me out the £50 I had to give the taxi driver for valeting his cab, as it was clearly an accident.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
El Presidente said:
I phoned Claims Direct the other day because I shat myself in a taxi coming home after a few scoops and a kebab.

They were really awkward with me and wanted to know why I was calling. I pointed out that their advert on the TV says that if you have an accident and it's not your fault to phone their number, and as I did not fill my kecks on purpose they should sort me out the £50 I had to give the taxi driver for valeting his cab, as it was clearly an accident.

did they follow-thru with a return call ?

Sep 20, 2005
Hiney said:
Mate, you are SO NOT the only one.

There have been a number of threads over the past few months saying the same, but no-one puts it as eloquently as you do!!!

BT are SHIT
Netgear are SHIT
HSBC are SHIT

It drives me f***ing MENTAL

It's called free market economics.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Seagullible said:
don't get me started on SKY - Called to have it changed into my girlfriends name as she'd split from her husband and he no longer lived at the address. Was told he needed to make the call ( yeah right - the guys a f*cking dick and doesn't even buy his daughter a birthday present!) I said what happens if the partner is dead, do they have to call from heaven to say 'please change the account name'??? the bloomin indian guy just kept reading his script and wouldn't help at all.

He should have pointed out that he couldn't talk to you about another persons account because of the Data Protection Act, unless of course that person had given their consent to speak directly to you. Doesn't matter how much of an arse your girlfriend's ex is.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Curious Orange said:
He should have pointed out that he couldn't talk to you about another persons account because of the Data Protection Act, unless of course that person had given their consent to speak directly to you. Doesn't matter how much of an arse your girlfriend's ex is.

And if the husband had died then she could have posted a copy of the death certificate.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Yorkie said:
And if the husband had died then she could have posted a copy of the death certificate.

Has to be the originals these days. Not allowed to accept certified copys as these break copyright rules - all very silly, as original certificates never fail to get lost!!!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here