Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

its going to be one hell of a tough season

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Its always a tough league, but Millwall, Leeds, and Norwich all proved that a decent team coming up can give a good account. With the 4 or 5 players we are planning to bring in and our style of play I think we have more than enough to stay up.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There have been whispers floating around that Birmingham could be heading for a date with the administrator, were they to be relegated. We shall see.

In fairness, you look at the teams around you at the start of every season and think it's going to be tough. This time last year, people were expecting Saints to be the frontrunners, but also that Huddersfield and Peterborough would be useful, that Charlton, Wednesday and Plymouth would be a lot stronger than they turned out to be etc etc.

Some teams that have been strong previously in the Championship won't be as potent next time out. Will be interesting to see how Cardiff get on now they've failed again: Bothroyd will go, Chopra might do as well, and a number of their other decent players. They won't have Bellamy next season, and they'll probably get rid of Dave Jones too.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I agree,toughest ever i reckon,i will take staying up,mid table will be good.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I am happy to stay up first and foremost. I have no illusions that we will do anymore than that. Poyet and Bloom are setting the foundations for the future not assembling a revolution

I couldn't agree more Art. It's a very exciting time to be a Brighton fan but the Championship will be tough. If we can stay up and consolidate our place in such a competitive league, then kick on from there. It will be fantastic.

4th bottom in our first season back in the Championship will be success.

My Watford chum who has watched us a few times this season (& a Watford season ticket holder - reckons 16th-19th).

We MUST buy quality & to get that cheque book out.
Hoskins is a start but with the loss of Murray we are no further forward (at best).

Please don't leave it to July Mr Chairman before you splash the cash.
Playing a last minute poker hand of waiting to the 11th hour will not work in this division.

I have every confidence that we will survive - but nothing much more.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
4th bottom in our first season back in the Championship will be success.

My Watford chum who has watched us a few times this season (& a Watford season ticket holder - reckons 16th-19th).

We MUST buy quality & to get that cheque book out.
Hoskins is a start but with the loss of Murray we are no further forward (at best).

Please don't leave it to July Mr Chairman before you splash the cash.
Playing a last minute poker hand of waiting to the 11th hour will not work in this division.

I have every confidence that we will survive - but nothing much more.

This from the person who thought we'd only sell 10,000 Season Tickets.

Taking into account your track record as a marker, then with your well-advertised levels pessimism and misery, I confidently predict a higher-than-mid-table finish.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can never agree with this 'X division is tougher/weaker than other seasons'.

Every team is in a given division on merit (financial mishandling notwithstanding).

True. I felt the same last season when everyone was going about it being the strongest L1 for years because of Charlton, Sheff Wed, Hudds and Soton. We finished top at a canter and none of these teams were a threat to us.

West Ham and Brum are in The Champiomship because they're crap, not because they're good.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Staying up will do for me

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
History suggests one team promoted will be there or there about, with the right investment and with our new packed out stadium, i really can see us up there!

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It'll be a very tough division no doubt but I always feel teams that built up some momentum towards the end of the season are more settled and can make big strides; Leicester, Portsmouth and as an outside bet Bristol City. All have decent managers in Sven-Goran Eriksson, Steve Cotterill and Keith Millen.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Cardiff could well be in trouble next year, expect them to start trimming the wage bill very soon. (source Mark Hudson).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It'll be a very tough division no doubt but I always feel teams that built up some momentum towards the end of the season are more settled and can make big strides; Leicester, Portsmouth and as an outside bet Bristol City. All have decent managers in Sven-Goran Eriksson, Steve Cotterill and Keith Millen.

Leicester will throw money at it again. City can't be as bad as last time. But I'm not sure where Pompey are going to suddenly find money from. I think we're in for another season of them getting the violins out and sniffling repeatedly that they hardly have any players.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Pompey are BROKE and look like letting even more players go. I tip them to go DOWN.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I am happy to stay up first and foremost. I have no illusions that we will do anymore than that. Poyet and Bloom are setting the foundations for the future not assembling a revolution

This...

I was going to post something this morning along these lines, but didn't want to be accused of being overly pessimistic. I do believe that we'll be ok but...

1) Will TB break the alleged wage structure for the right player/s?
2) Will we compete with the other big/bigger clubs in the Championship, financially? not confident personally!

Also...

Can the twats that are visiting other clubs forum sites please stop giving it the bigun. We have achieved so much this season (beyond most expectations) and now some of our fans seem to think we'll be competing against the likes of Barca and Real Madrid in a couple of years ffs.

I don't believe that TB will accept us being a mediocre 2nd tier club after all the money he has put in, but I also think we all have to be a bit more realistic and humble with our achievements. Why do some supporters think that we are a big club? We are not and never have been!!!!!We are a small unfashionable club from a fashionable town/city with a fabulous new stadium and hopefully good prospects, thanks to TB's dosh and a fantastic management set-up! But that does not make us world beaters.

I for 1 hope that we can consolidate a healthy position in the 2nd tier of English football for a while and move on up if merit deserves.

Optimistic, maybe
Pessimistic, possibly
A massive fan, forever
Realistic, definatley

Rant over
Regards to all proper realistic fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here