Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Accident waiting to happen, Ward is a complete cock

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Doesn't even have to be a phone in. Get one of the transmission vans outside the ground and interview people as they come out, or even go into the bars etc. With the right presenter(s) a bit like Harty does for the Club on player but at the end of matches.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
With the amount of media investment at the Amex, maybe there should be an official match day radio station broadcasting from the stadium. Could help with travel info too.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There would also be the potential to get more input from Crawley. Very odd decision as Sussex football has it's biggest season for a generation or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
it was never the same after harty left, and this has been inevitable for about 2-3 seasons now - especially when you have somebody like mike ward on there using it for what seemed like self publicity rather than giving people the opportunity to discuss football

shame really, as as others have pointed out with crawley now in the league and a far bigger fanbase going to watch at the amex it could have grown a lot this season

still, at least praise or grumble is still going on radio sheffield hopefully!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
As much as I dislike Ward, I think it's harsh to pin the phone in's demise on him.

A phone in is only as good as the callers and this show's were mainly that Ninja Elephant twat and infirm listeners who haven't been to a game this century let alone this season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
great shame, I really enjoyed being on the show. not wardy's fault at all, it was never going to be the same without Ian.

but peoplecare right, it was the callers that made or broke the show and sometimes we had some excellent ones - the chap with his sheep/cows giving birth in the background to the chap from haywards Heath having a go at Sophia for hawsey giving out scores throughout the commentary!

great shame
out

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
With the amount of media investment at the Amex, maybe there should be an official match day radio station broadcasting from the stadium. Could help with travel info too.

Seagulls Radio? Seagull Sound? Radio Albion? Albion Radio? Whaddyer reckon it should be called?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Shame, as with 20,000 leaving the Amex, it might have got a better response next season.

I would have given it one more year (with decent presenters) and seen how it had gone.

It does seem a strange bit of timing during a summer of almost unprecedented upsurge in interest in the club, and a second League team in Sussex for the first time ever.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Good, at least we won't have to listen to f***ing tools that phone and say "I wasn't at the game ......but" especially when we've lost !

Spot on. Fond memories of driving back home from the Mill Hill park and ride shouting at various planks on the radio giving it large about a game they hadn't been to.

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Shame really.Its ironic its been stopped going into the Falmer Era.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was pure League 2, very stilted and provincial and amateurish. It has no place in the more glitzy modern world the Albion are trying to promote, bring on Albion TV, this cannot be far away surely?

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Oh FFS I hope this isn't true. What am I gonna listen to on the hour's walk home? :(

Indeed. This is very short sighted. We're in the Championship playing some very big clubs and they think there won't be something to talk about?

Ok - so the presenters weren't that much to write home about, but I think the posh boys on 'The Roar' could've made a decent fist of it. A part of the saturday routine gone - not happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here