Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It’s amazing how well results have gone our way

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Let’s hope another result goes our way. I don’t like Southampton - but if I can want Palace to win last week then I can want Saints to win today! It all feels a bit dirty, but as long as results go our way ...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And so it continues... madness!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
And so it continues... madness!

It is. It is also funny. Statistically we should not have more points than the teams below us combined. Obviously its lovely we do. Is it bottle, poor preparation, being shite or what?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I'm rather enjoying this from the bbc minute by minute

18:29
Post update

Watford 1-3 Southampton

Watford might have scored - thanks to an own goal - but they end the match without managing a single attempt on target.

When you are fighting to stay up, that's not good enough.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm rather enjoying this from the bbc minute by minute

18:29
Post update

Watford 1-3 Southampton

Watford might have scored - thanks to an own goal - but they end the match without managing a single attempt on target.

When you are fighting to stay up, that's not good enough.
Not at home.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
One of them has to get some results at some point...surely!?

It is quite astonishing really, but when you look at the next couple of fixtures Bournemouth at home to Newcastle and Norwich at home to us are the only ones that look possible to yield a win for teams below us. Lots of tough games for all the bottom six.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
It has been nice, much better than I even hoped (never thought so many other teams would keep loosing). Getting a point against Man U would be even better.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So we only need two points then?

According to Iwelumo post match today when discussing Watford, he said 7 points in their winnable three matches will see them safe. Putting them on 35.

Will the cut-off really be as low as 34 against 35 points?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So much of football is about confidence, either having it , or not having it.
Further up the league, Leicester look to have a complete lack of confidence, and Wolves seem to have it in abundance at the moment.
At the bottom, every time one of our rivals don’t win, or even draw in most cases, a little bit more confidence drains out of them, and our players, already buoyed by our two results so far, gain a little bit. Having a manager with a degree in leadership and emotional intelligence must be a massive advantage in our present situation.
The better our rivals below us play, as long as they don’t get a win, the better it will be for us, as they will start to subconsciously believe they will never win again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here