Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its all starting to go horribly wrong for Reading !.

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
You started it mate, I'm only providing you with facts so that you are better informed about my club. I've been going since 1975 I know pretty much everything there is to know about the Albion and as I'm getting older stats really turn me on, it used to be a wagon wheel and some chips at the Goldstone (if I was lucky)

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Come on ali the withdean is the pitts and £23 to sit in the pissing rain with a dull atmosphere etc it neverends.

For a few years the applications have been huge,but frustration crept in and people never bothered to apply anymore as they knew they had no chance and thats the case in a limited stadium.

People will just do there best know and wait for falmer and yes im one of them.:lolol:
The club have just started to sell at the shop,but the hassle before is not what you want to do to attend a match.

I think reading have done great personally as most of your fans are new and not from reading,but as i have always said you don't have potential like most think as your fan base isn't big at all.

Its not the genuine fans that are a prob its the new fans who no sod all and don't even no about elm park and they think we have been at the withdean and had tiny crowds forever.:lolol:

You have many years to go before you get that huge hardcore etc,but you are going in the right direction thanks to a rich chairman etc.:rolleyes:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Once (and if) the infrastructure is in place I think we will fly.

Yes the ground is out of town, but you're gonna have many a thousand two university students on the door step (literally) as well.

Now if the club could harness that support week in week out we're talking.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
RoyalAli said:
Never say never.
Why shouldn't we?
Our crowds have grown progressively in the last 10 years, and a season in the top 6 again would see even more fans see the light.
When the team continues to play well, the attendances increase.
Now we're playing the bigger teams in division 1, watch our attendances shoot up again.
West Ham, West Brom, Sunderland, Sheffield United and Norwich all are potential sell outs at Reading, so why not get a decent average this year?
Yeah you will get big crowds due to massive away followings etc.:p
This is it our fans will turn up in force against wimbledon etc and not just for the big ones.:clap2:

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
RoyalAli said:
So out of the top flight, have you ever averaged more than 20,000?
probably not.
What do you think you would have got as an average last year, if you had unlimited seats to fill?

Why are you lot always harping on about it when we lose if nobody cares about us? :shootself
As far as the Royals on HNA are concerned, you are a little club who's had its heyday. :smokin:
And the reason we post on here?
To talk football, as most of you seem to know what you're talking about.
and we need somebody to keep us on our feet.

You, at the moment, are comparable to Blackpool, Tranmere and Luton.
Living in the past! :lolol:

And are you enjoying your charge towards the division 2 playoffs, losing to the likes of Colchester, Bournemouth and Stockport?
:salute:

and Berk, our second Highest League attendance last year had about 200 away fans in it.
So there :p

Thats why you've been trashed in this post mate, all of the above is misinformed rubbish.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As well you know Burrish, chips came later than 75

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT

(in a plastic container, technology later utilised in the building of the Madjeski stadium)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Why not - I suspect half of your fans are Johnny come lately's from all over the country, working for technology companies who have re-located to Reading.

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
RoyalAli said:
Wimbledon this year?

Wimbledon last year?

Hmm, that doesn't really back up your figures does it now Berky Boy?

University students hail from all around the country, why would they watch Brighton instead of travelling back to watch their own teams?
I certainly wouldn't adopt another team just because I lived near there!

Er...because Falmer is being built next to the Uni, students stay in the town during term time, the university will use Falmer shall I go on? More uninformed drivel Ali

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
RoyalAli said:
So out of the top flight, have you ever averaged more than 20,000?
probably not.
What do you think you would have got as an average last year, if you had unlimited seats to fill?

Why are you lot always harping on about it when we lose if nobody cares about us? :shootself
As far as the Royals on HNA are concerned, you are a little club who's had its heyday. :smokin:
And the reason we post on here?
To talk football, as most of you seem to know what you're talking about.
and we need somebody to keep us on our feet.

You, at the moment, are comparable to Blackpool, Tranmere and Luton.
Living in the past! :lolol:

And are you enjoying your charge towards the division 2 playoffs, losing to the likes of Colchester, Bournemouth and Stockport?
:salute:

and Berk, our second Highest League attendance last year had about 200 away fans in it.
So there :p
Would that happen to be right at the deph of the season while your in the 1st division playoffs zone mmmm you bet as your crowds reach 20k when your up the top right at the end of the season.:clap2:

Its strange talking about reading to you as i have great knowledge having spent years and years bunking into elm park.

Lets be very honest ali your a growing club,but to be in and around the playoffs in a new stadium and getting 10-11-12k is no way potential.
My honest opion truthley is that we have twice as many fans as you and probably a lot more and you will see in good time.:clap2: :p

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've witnessed a few distinctly non-reading types at your stadium - usually wearing very big and distinctly new scarves, always a give-away.

Now if we could harness the newie Brighton types like you've harnessed the Reading geek population we're laughing.

Reading Geek Supporters: Want success quickly - will move away if not guarenteed - thats market forces I'm afraid.

Newie Brighton Fans: Attracted by the support of Fat Boy Slim and "SOHO by the sea", will continue to support the Albion when doing badly in an "ironic way". Currently stopped going by the lack of a roof, mucking up their expensive Hoxton quiff, sub Jamie Oliver hairstyles.

We've got it wrapped up I'm afraid.

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
You ARE comparable to Swindon and Peterborough, both rather uninspiring 'new town' places that all look the same, smell the same and have similar types of football supporters. The only thing that sets Reading apart from them is the ground , the thing thats sets us apart from you is our supporters.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Our support has ebbed and flowed just like that of other teams. I remember being in the away end at Roker Park in 1980/81 in the last away game of the season which we had to win to be in with a chance of avoiding relegation and there were no more than 50 of us, and that was not an unusual turnout that season

Football fans are individuals, and you can no more lump them together than you can different races or religions. We have some thugs, some apathetic tossers, some whingers, and some great fans, just like all clubs.

Reading have done well since being promoted with us two seasons and good luck to them, all I care about is three points at QPR tomorrow

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
You WILL proved wrong Ali, I get the feeling you are a young chap who's chosen Reading because of the nice shiny ground. You hav'nt quite grasped the potential of the Albion. Sit back relax, maybe you'll come eventually come and support us and we can put all this petty arguing behind us. Come on you know it makes sense, it's not THAT far from Reading to Brighton, join US!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yep, Burrish you're right. Such a haircut is indicitive of the want to spend your money on a frivilous "new lad" type of entertainment like supporting a cool football club like Brighton.

Brighton, like the town are "cool" and are able to re-invent themselves like the building of the state of the art stadium on the edge of the city. Next to the university its a master-stroke.

Reading unlike Brighton is not "cool" - the only thing going for Reading is the festival, which people visit, use the town for a dump when the toilets block and get the f*ck out as quickly as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here