Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's all about me - getting to the game tonight

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Doing my first 'there-and-back' trip in the car today from Zummerset and still mulling my options...

- M4 / A34 / M&A27
- M4 / M25 / M&A23

Both have good parts and bad parts.

Then, when I finally, and no doubt very stressy, arrive in God's County I have the 'where the feck do I park' conundrum to deal with, not helped by having neither my season ticket nor a travel voucher.

There is only one thing to do in this situation but ask the great and the good of NSC. Please consider that if I take your advice and it all goes wrong, I will be VERY angry indeed (until iPhone 5 anyway).

GO!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I always go through Bracknell between the M4 and M25. Never liked the drive down to the A27 and th A27 itself is a horrible road. Parking in Coldean or the 'Scoombe and walking in seems popular, but never tried it myself

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Park in Rottingdean and catch the football bus up to the Amex.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Avoid the A27 coast road like the plague.

M4/ t/o @Reading East for Bracknell/then A322/M3/M25/M23

Park at Mithras House ( shortest car park to stadium time) - and offer to pay if you dont have a voucher.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd go A34 then M27, with a sneaky check on the traffic to consider heading off at Winchester.

Parking in Coldean is I'm told very easy. But get there early if you can.

What time are you leaving?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you are arriving before 6 then there will be LOADS of parking available in Coldean, around Park Road area. Ignore the 'residents only no football parking' sign, obviously.

Its only a 15-20 minute mince from there.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think the key is down to what time are you leaving? If it's after 3 you're going to be f***ed on the M25 or the M27. In fact I'd leave now if I was you!! Lot less stressful.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
2:30ish.

Five hours to get there.

I think I'll do the M4 / M23 with the detour through leafy Berkshire/Surrey to cut out the worst of the M25.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If you are arriving before 6 then there will be LOADS of parking available in Coldean, around Park Road area. Ignore the 'residents only no football parking' sign, obviously.

Its only a 15-20 minute mince from there.

... and if you're arriving after 6.00, there's plenty of parking further in - only adds 10 minutes extra to the walk.

My mate arrived at 6.20 for the Liverpool game and parked outside my house

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not familiar with Coldean at all, so I'll just pop the postcode of the Hikers into the Sat Nav and head for there, parking wherever I find.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I've done the Mithras house option for all the night games so far and it is very easy and smooth running, getting out as long as you leave fairly promptly at the final whistle, we're quite lucky as we sit right next to an exit, chosen on purpose. you should get on the first set of buses and be out and on the road no problem in about 15 minutes.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm not familiar with Coldean at all, so I'll just pop the postcode of the Hikers into the Sat Nav and head for there, parking wherever I find.

Just come off at the Hollingbury turn off and you're in Coldean Lane. Head down the hill and then abandon your car at the bottom. It will probably still be there when you return.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here