Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Italy V England Final.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Get rid of Southgate.....we have not advanced.

Really, which other manager has ever got us in a World Cup semi-final and Euro Final in two consecutive tournaments

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I love the Euros. More than the World Cup. And it's rare for the best side to win it. But this time they did. As for England, they have a strong side that will only get better.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Phillips first to console Saka. Have to say, the guy has really impressed me. Seems a really modest, unassuming leader.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Southgate got it wrong , good first half then decided to defend for the rest of the match , We got what we deserved nothing , , as for the penalties, first time I can remember our keeper making 2 saves during the shoot out , yet only 2 out of 5 could score , poor effort tonight , you would not believe it was a final , they should of tried to win it whilst they were in control of the game .
Here is to the next 55 years for our next final

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Saka shouldn’t have had to take a penalty because he was so obviously overawed by the whole situation, really poor performance during the game and don’t know why he wasn’t substituted at 90mins

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep, truly pathetic from the 3rd minute until the end of the shoot out.

Italy deserved winners.

Southgate bottled it. Get him out.

Sympathies with Saka. Young player and massive pressure, when there were more experienced pros that should have stepped up.

Thank **** we can go back to supporting Brighton soon.

I don’t think Guardiola could get a song from Rice, Phillips, Henderson at world class level [without superior overseas players running the show].

We were so outplayed in the middle for most of the game, by geniuses with the ball.

Leaving:
- Sterling and Kane as two additional defenders 35 yards from our goal, being passed around as if they were statues.
- Pickford, Maguire, Shaw, Walker, Trippier hoofing it out of play to the invisible man upfield.

The clubs conveyor belt is producing mercurial wide-me/no 10’s who can blow hot and cold - Sancho, Rashford, Foden, Saka, Grealish.

Whilst Italy simply produces CM’ers who run games, treasure the ball, for entire games, every game.

England hasn’t had CM genius since Gazza.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
W
Really, which other manager has ever got us in a World Cup semi-final and Euro Final in two consecutive tournaments

And ****ed it up by not actually going for it. That game was there for the taking but Southgate is not a winner and his safety first tactics meant we got beat the first time we met a a decent team in both tournaments. Plucky losers AGAIN

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Poor tonight. Just didn’t come out after half-time. We sat way too deep, invited pressure and paid the price. As for the subs, they were just baffling. Yes, they should be proud of what they have achieved, but in left thinking of what could have been.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Southgate got it wrong , good first half then decided to defend for the rest of the match , We got what we deserved nothing , , as for the penalties, first time I can remember our keeper making 2 saves during the shoot out , yet only 2 out of 5 could score , poor effort tonight , you would not believe it was a final , they should of tried to win it whilst they were in control of the game .
Here is to the next 55 years for our next final

We really did look rather lacklustre at times.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Why is a 19 year old in the top 5?

Where was sterling/grealish?

There would have been a reason based on better judgement than we have.

It's likely that he stood out when they practiced them. Just didn't happen on the night.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can anyone please explain to me why Sock Boy is such a darling to the fans?

If you don't want to look.bereft at the end of a penalty shoot out take a god damn penalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here