Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Italy V England Final.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed the euros and on overall performance throughout - Italy were the best team to watch so deserved winners.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Donnarumma doesn’t even celebrate. Effortlessly better.

Italians are simply far better footballers, always have been.

World class midfield generals/playmakers, playing against hard working equivalents. Veratti and Jorginho toyed with us from half way through the first half.

Sanchez would have done the same.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well there you go.

Southgate bungled the last WC. Bungled this. All but one game at Wembley.

I am going to my grave having never celebrated a tournament win. Thanks you useless kunnt.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
same old same old. Doesn't matter what team of English players you put out there ultimately they will flatter to deceive. This game felt like to Croatia WC semi. We had all the play and the initiative and once ahead, sat off and ultimately lost. Today only one team came out for the second half and it certainly was not England.
As for the psychological approach to penalties and analytical thinking that they have supposedly put into things...yea, ok..we are still shit at them.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If I can try and bit measured about this, I'm not gutted because of after years of being gutted I promised myself I would never get upset again about an England loss again.

And I'm not gutted now.

What I've just witnessed is the biggest leap forward of an England team in my entire lifetime. We've only lost to clearly the best team at the tournament who have had a remarkable record under their manager and we have taken them to penalties.

The future is bright.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So close, sadly I fear carnage on the streets tonight

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Not enough bravery and courage in normal time tonight. I always tell my kids that you get out what you put in and not enough of our 11 put enough in tonight.

Tonight was their moment to seize. Shame

But I loved the ride. Fair play England :clap:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I really hope FIFA keeps using penalties to decide football matches in deciding games. It's really satisfying to see my team lose on penalties and know the oppo is so much better.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Great tournament overall.
We missing a real dictator in the middle of the park and I think we are stil a little conservative in the line up.
But it’s a young team who will grow. Feel sorry for Saka great tournament until tonight but hopefully he comes back stronger

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here