Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It wont happen....but i'd play Davies with Forster against sarrfend.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Dickinsons lack of goals in the first few games and distinct lack of effort all over the pitch at carlisle for me means he drops to the bench to make way for the goal hungry Davies.

4 goals in 3 games at reserve level would be enough for him.....I expect he's confident and hungry for first team action and with Bennett and A. Davies on the wings, I think the service to him would be just what we need.

So when saturday comes Mr slade.....lets give davo a chance and in the process let Dickinson know that there are players hungry to get his place he and the shirt certainly isnt automatically his.

In regards to changes.........that for me after seeing the Carlisle game isthe only one i'd make.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think Davies should get at least a subs place, maybe bring him on with 30 minutes to go and see how he fits in with either Forster or Dickinson.

As for Wright, it's good to have him available but El-Abd has performed well recently and I think it would be unfair to drop him.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Bring Davies on in last 30 mins for sure, if he gets a goal then think about starting him. As people have said, he may well be the nuts for us this season and if we have Forster Dicko and Davies on reasonably good form, then there are few more potent strike forces in this division.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I didn't go to Carlisle so I can't really comment on how Dickinson played. If he really was as poor as people on here said, then it would be interesting exercise to drop him - just to show that all that guff about competition for places was accurate.

In reality, there's very little competition for places - as we saw when Salad picked Navarro above Dicker game after game. Managers have their favoured players and while someone out-of-form will be dropped, they generally get four or five run-outs before the axe falls.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
................not Wright for el Abd?

Im not a huge El abd fan and he doesnt fill me with much confidence...but the last couple of games he's really stepped up to the plate and done what was asked of him.

As for wright.........I wouldnt put him ahead of el abd on the back of what ive seen of him.....mcnulty yes...wright...not for me.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Have him on the bench and give him a run out at the end.

I can't see any reason to drop Dickinson. Even with his perceived lack of effort (which I think is bollocks), nobody in their right mind can try and argue that a Dickinson Forster partnership isn't getting enough goals.

I said it on the other thread, but some Brighton fans seem to equate running round the pitch like a headless chicken to being a good player.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No thanks. Dickinson and Forster have a decent partnership going and I woulnt want to mess it about now we have 2 wins in 2. Dickinson isn't going to be the sort of player who runs around a lot but evidently has bags of talent an the abilitly to completly change a game. I'd rather that than Davies run around a bit. By all means give him half hour if things aren't going right but to drop Dickinson would give the wrong message IMO.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
We currently have a team that's getting good results, so I would be tempted to say keep the team that beat Carlisle and changes can always be made. I would like to see Craig come on instead of Harty perhaps.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think after the Huddersfield DEBACLE that Rustle told El Abd to just concentrate on DEFENDING and since then he had done ok.

Its when he gets "FANCY" then it all goes to POT.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It is interesting that Adam "everyone's favourite whipping boy" el Abd gets a nod of approval after 2 games of solid effort while Dickinson becomes a target. Presumably if he has a good game it will be Forster's turn next...or maybe Crofts............

For what it's worth I am sure that Davies will get a run out off the bench very soon and I only hope that people keep off his back if (heavens forfend!) he misses a scoring opportunity.

Moneybags

Aug 15, 2009
Dickinsons lack of goals in the first few games and distinct lack of effort all over the pitch at carlisle for me means he drops to the bench to make way for the goal hungry Davies.

4 goals in 3 games at reserve level would be enough for him.....I expect he's confident and hungry for first team action and with Bennett and A. Davies on the wings, I think the service to him would be just what we need.

So when saturday comes Mr slade.....lets give davo a chance and in the process let Dickinson know that there are players hungry to get his place he and the shirt certainly isnt automatically his.

In regards to changes.........that for me after seeing the Carlisle game isthe only one i'd make.

i went to the reserve match yesterday and davies is strong and went for every ball never let anything slip by he deserves a shout. there were alot of scouts watching yesterday at that game impressed with his game.also there was a guy chatting with him from another club

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I think after the Huddersfield DEBACLE that Rustle told El Abd to just concentrate on DEFENDING and since then he had done ok.

Its when he gets "FANCY" then it all goes to POT.

I'd agree with that...but i'd extend that to the rest of them too. Carlisle was not the best performance in the world...but the stupid little things were in there minority......it was if in doubt kick it out style defending...where everyone just fought for it.....

Commitment wise and no messing about is what he has installed imho.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Dickinson has been superb in my opinion and it would be crazy to drop him. Davies was excellent for the reserves and I think he'd work really well with Dickinson but obviously there's no chance of dropping Forster at the moment. I'd have Davies ahead of Hart in the pecking order for when bringing on a sub though.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Dickinson has been superb in my opinion and it would be crazy to drop him. Davies was excellent for the reserves and I think he'd work really well with Dickinson but obviously there's no chance of dropping Forster at the moment. I'd have Davies ahead of Hart in the pecking order for when bringing on a sub though.

Dickinson = Superb?

He's looked bright on occasions and scored a good goal at huddersfield and I as much as everyone is deseperate for him to be a 20+ goal a season man that we signed him to be......but he's a long way off superb and closer to average.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Dickinson = Superb?

He's looked bright on occasions and scored a good goal at huddersfield and I as much as everyone is deseperate for him to be a 20+ goal a season man that we signed him to be......but he's a long way off superb and closer to average.

His strength going into challenges and holding people off has been great. He's demonstrated good awareness of people around him and lays off some very decent passes. He's a handful for defenders and has got a belting finish. So yeah, in my opinion, class signing and a very important player for us.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
This slating of Dickenson is exactly the same as that levelled at Murray when he was first here. Yet somewhere along the line he became this football genuis worth millions - according to some anyway.

Dickenson and Forster are and deserve to be first choice and both arfe making huge contributions to the team and our good run of results. Davies will get his chance but I don't think we need to make a villain of Dickenson to justify it. We are lucky to haver four good strikers who are fit and able to play. Hopefully Murray will make it five one day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here