Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It was twenty years ago today ...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
... the Tories won their last general election.

Yes but thank goodness the red flag is no longer flying high in this country

Oh and Sgt Peppar taught the band to play, think I understand this thread better now

HOFNSKIN

Feb 12, 2012
The Irish Brigands will not win an outright victory for at least another 20yrs, hopefully.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
And after this win in the next election the left of the tory party became New Labour and so they carried on in power to achieve what we have today - No Difference in any of the parties!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I have corrected you.

How very dare you!

Fairer society?! Where the private sector is expected to subsidise the public sector final salary pensions/early retirement by working for longer and paying more tax. I really dont see anything fair in that!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How very dare you!

Fairer society?! Where the private sector is expected to subsidise the public sector final salary pensions/early retirement by working for longer and paying more tax. I really dont see anything fair in that!

Yes but you don't want everything and pay nothing for it do you unlike the other free loaders.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
The Tories secret weapon that day was Neil Kinnock! he was never going to win enough seats in England to win a majority. I remember that night in Sheffield where he was introduced to the crowd as the next prime minister ( CRINGE!!!!!)

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The Tories secret weapon that day was Neil Kinnock! he was never going to win enough seats in England to win a majority. I remember that night in Sheffield where he was introduced to the crowd as the next prime minister ( CRINGE!!!!!)

"We're alright! We're alright! We're alright!!"

Churchillian!

Labour was not all right Neil when you couldnt even beat Major during a serious recession!

Nearly as funny as when he fell over on Brighton beach!

Last edited:

Ah bless! Ticking the days off until the public sector gravy train starts chugging along again Lord B?
It's a long time since I worked in the public sector. I now work for a not-for-profit voluntary sector organisation. This current Tory government is throwing public funding at organisations like mine, far more than New Labour ever did. I'd be happier if the government knew WHY they were doing this, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here