Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It' the First League Game at Falmer... what will you be doing?

What will you do before the first league match?

• Get there hours in advance

Votes: 53 72.6%
  • Get to the pub & to the ground just before KO

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • My existing routine which is....

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'm defo getting there way way WAY too early...

if I've finished opening my birthday presents, that is.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Definitely going to arrive about an hour and a half early just to wander round in wonder and soak up the fact that we are actually in the promised land at last!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I imagine getting down there nice and early, wandering around, having a beer or two in the supporters bar, finding my seat early, then looking out onto the gleaming stadium and perfect pitch while probably shedding a tear or with a lump in my throat as my newly excited nearly ten year old son has his head buried in his programme knowing he'll never quite understand what this moment means to the older generation.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Do we know if they are planning pre-match entertainment or whatever it is they do for both the official opening on the 30th July and the first league match on the 6th August?? will make a difference to the time i turn up certainly.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Going to walk from the Goldstone, probably leaving there about ten and get to the Amex for midday, taking lots of photos along the way. I may not drink as you never remember matches / events so well when you're pissed.
I imagine getting down there nice and early, wandering around, having a beer or two in the supporters bar
Yeah, that's gonna be easy to get into!

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do we know if they are planning pre-match entertainment or whatever it is they do for both the official opening on the 30th July and the first league match on the 6th August?? will make a difference to the time i turn up certainly.
A parade of former players would be good.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
sadly listening on player

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've got a feeling I will be nursing a hangover from the previous day's beer festival drinking. Once that is out of the way I will probably have a couple of pre-match jars in a pub before heading to the ground perhaps an hour before kick-off

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You dont have to go....Unless its your wedding...if its yours BAD BAD planning

OBVIOUSLY not mine (mine's in September, I said no way are we having it early August).

I feel like I do have to go really, I will treat the "prestige friendly" as my first game.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'd imagine I'd be getting there early enough to get into the supporters bar before making my way to the WSU with about an hour to go, to check out the pre match atmosphere, concourse and most importantly my seat.

I do not think I will have ever been as excited about going to game as I would be about this one.Whilst this game will not be our cup final, it will feel like we are attending one, I cannot wait!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here