Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It' the First League Game at Falmer... what will you be doing?

What will you do before the first league match?

• Get there hours in advance

Votes: 53 72.6%
  • Get to the pub & to the ground just before KO

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • My existing routine which is....

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters

Stumpy Tim

It's a bright & sunny summers Saturday, and the Albion's first league match at Falmer is upon us. We're playing Coventry (could be League 1 or Championship). What will you pre-match build-up be like?

Will you get to the ground several hours early to lap up the inevitable pre-match entertainment? Enjoy the beer, & whatever the club puts on.

Or will you get to the pub with your mates, talk about the years of hurt between you, and get to the ground within 15 minutes of kick-off?

Or do you have another routine you're going to stick to?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I think for the first time ever I will be at a match well in advance for this one.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
unfortunately i will be somewhere in southeast Asia. I am gutted that i am going to miss the opening/first few months. I am considering cancelling my travels and snapping up a season ticket instead...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Getting up ealy, having a big breakfast, having a few pints in the Nelson, get to the Stadium nice and early to have a walk round the outskirts and the concourse. Have a look in the supporters bar which I guess will be rammed, and then up to our seats. It's going to be flipping amazing.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Leave the previous Thursday evening, sit on a plane for 11 hours, arrive Friday lunchtime, back to the South Coast for Friday night, off to the stadium with a mild to large hangover. Start again. Repeat for 7 days, take in second game wherever, get to Heathrow looking at least 20 years older, fly home to wife and boys. Return to normality. Start working on next trip home.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Up to a few weeks ago I thought was going to be in Brighton at the ground hours before kick-of. Instead I shall almost certainly be in Borneo looking after my wife who will be somewhere around 7 months pregnant at the time. Oh well.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Up to a few weeks ago I thought was going to be in Brighton at the ground hours before kick-of. Instead I shall almost certainly be in Borneo looking after my wife who will be somewhere around 7 months pregnant at the time. Oh well.

:lolol: I'm sure that isn't intended as it sounds....

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I had always hoped to be in Brighton. And if I were, I'd be getting up there early and having a good look around that beautiful beast, getting some photos, soaking up the atmosphere.

Resigned to the fact now I think, that a one off ticket for this day, ain't gonna happen. So, hunched over my laptop as usual. Although, if we are in the championship, and as there are no prem games that day, an internet feed is fairly likely. One small silver cloud.

Stumpy Tim

I had always hoped to be in Brighton. And if I were, I'd be getting up there early and having a good look around that beautiful beast, getting some photos, soaking up the atmosphere.

Resigned to the fact now I think, that a one off ticket for this day, ain't gonna happen. So, hunched over my laptop as usual. Although, if we are in the championship, and as there are no prem games that day, an internet feed is fairly likely. One small silver cloud.

It sounds to me like there could be a couple of season ticket holders not able to make it... you might get lucky

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Getting up at 5am.
Working till 1pm.
Home, shower, sarnie.
Bundling the family into the car and heading off to Falmer.

@ 3:02pm I will probably be wondering how much I can get for at least 1 x adult 1 x child season ticket, when one of my two says they don't like it and want to go home.

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
If it's being shown on TV anywhere, I'll probably be watching that whilst being surprisingly drunk at 7am on a Saturday, quietly cursing how expensive plane tickets are in the summer. If not, lying in bed listening to the radio, cursing slightly louder about how expensive plane tickets are.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I think the earliest I've ever got to a game at the Goldstone, Gillingham or Withdean was 30 mins before KO - it's normally about ten mins or so. The first game at The Amex will be different. I want to get there early, walk around, take in the atmos, get some beer and food and then get to my seat in the WSU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here