Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It looks like we are in for a formation change.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We had two shots on target last night and one of them was the penalty. You won't win many games with those stats, and those stats in turn are not surprising if you don't start with a proper striker.

I suspect Gus will want to play 4-5-1 with Ulloa up top and Vicente and Buckley pushing on behind.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Drop Bridcutt!? He is one of our best players!

Bridcutt shines in the formation we play, no doubt about it. Week in week out,a 7/8/9 out of ten performance and probably player of the season as we stand so far. I doubt he would shine in a 4-4-2 as he is to defencive minded. That is not a dig at Bridcutt, it's just the sort of player he is.No different than many great players before him. Poyet's reluctance to drop/rest Bridcutt may just be the key reason why we play the formation we do and he is at pains to change it....But he just might have to, if he wants to be more attack minded.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well if he eases up of defensive midfielders, that means Bridcutt. We only play with one, and its him. So you are implying dropping him!? I just don't understand.
Not Bridcutt the fella next to him, usually Hammond, occasionally Dicker or Crofts.

We have a back 6.

We have so much attacking flair, but 95% of the time we have 'just one more' defensive midfielder.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I disagree, with the formation bit anyway. You can be attacking with a holding player, it allows full back to rampage forward more and also, Real Madrid, France and Chelsea did ok playing Makelele, who makes Bridcutt look like a swashbuckling attacker.

100% this mate, totally agree. But we havn't got the players that the teams you mention had, in order to make it work well. If you got the money, you can have what you want....But if we want to be more attacking, then something will have to give the other end. You pays your money and takes your choice. Tight and mean at the back, with not a lot going forward. Or expansive and attacking and leave yourself a bit more open at the back. I think Bridcutt could still do a fantastic job, sitting in front of the centre halfs, if we played with two wing backs, with two up front and Vicente just tucking in behind them.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The formation is correct it always has been, its just we needed better players to play it.

The formation we currently play is the formation we will need IF we ever get to the premier league, so IF we get there it is something completely natural for us to play.

4-4-2 in the premier league means you get absolutely battered.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The formation is correct it always has been, its just we needed better players to play it.

The formation we currently play is the formation we will need IF we ever get to the premier league, so IF we get there it is something completely natural for us to play.

4-4-2 in the premier league means you get absolutely battered.

Are you taking the piss???..How many players signed???...We got the players to go up, of that I have no doubt what so ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here