Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It looks like we are in for a formation change.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But for some perspective how many points have we 'stolen'?
1 last night, 1 against Blackpool earlier in the season. Not sure we've stolen any others.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Gus is laying down his blueprint for the style of football he wants his sides to play & that is open, expansive, possessive football which when he gets the right players will be unstoppable. We are short one or two players & once they are in place the jigsaw will be complete & the games that we are drawing will become wins. Now we have Ulloa if we get the Dutch lad we might just have the winning combination. His tactics are not far wrong he just needs the personnel.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Poyet is admitting he got last nights team selection and tactics wrong yet those on here stating the same thing last night were derided as nobs and dickheads. I think those trying defend the tactics and team selection are the real idiots. Lets hope Gus finally has the balls to put out a fully attacking line-up against Arsenal, there's no points at stake and we could really cause them problems.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We give teams to much respect. Oatway was on the radio last night before the game singing Blackburn's praises. Saying the are a prem club, with great players etc etc. Fact is they are not, they are a championship club, lower in the table than ourselves who are in terminal freefall atm, going through managers like there was no tomorrow and with a terrible home record. The way Oatway was talking a point was all we could hope for....terrible attitude that must filter throughout the team and it showed. 75 mins before a shot on goal. We were lucky last night,just like we were unlucky on Saturday, but we have got to start making are own luck. Talk like a loser and I will show you a loser. We should adopt the "f*** um" attitude a bit more, with the players we have got we should fear no one at all in this league.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The addition of Spanish Len allows Gus to play 2 up front instead of a lone striker or none at all.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
We give teams to much respect. Oatway was on the radio last night before the game singing Blackburn's praises. Saying the are a prem club, with great players etc etc. Fact is they are not, they are a championship club, lower in the table than ourselves who are in terminal freefall atm, going through managers like there was no tomorrow and with a terrible home record. The way Oatway was talking a point was all we could hope for....terrible attitude that must filter throughout the team and it showed. 75 mins before a shot on goal. We were lucky last night,just like we were unlucky on Saturday, but we have got to start making are own luck. Talk like a loser and I will show you a loser. We should adopt the "f*** um" attitude a bit more, with the players we have got we should fear no one at all in this league.

Totally agree with this, I think we need to develop a more hard nosed approach to other teams and stop thinking about the past and where we've come from etc etc and start thinking of ourselves as a bigger club, we're getting the biggest gates, we have a stadium that is at the top end of stadia, we have the infrastructure and set-up to rival the best in this division and some in the premiership so I think the club needs to develop a change in mindset and instill a big club attitude in the players and staff. It may sound arrogant but I think if you want to play with the big boys you've got to act the part. I'm not talking about turning the club into a bunch of wankers like Leeds or West Ham etc just start by shaking off the 'little old Brighton' tag.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
If he wants to stop drawing

----------------------PIG
Calde/Bruno----Dunk--------Greer-----Bridge
-------------------Bridcutt-----------------
------Vicente------Lopez--------Orlandi
-------------Buckley-----Ulloa--------------

away from home would swap vicente/buckley with barnes

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
I would argue only two, Blackpool and Blackburn away. Can't think of any other games where we haven't deserved at least the points we have got.

Two points gained in two games but two points thrown away in many other games is the problem. I would rather have won two or three of games thrown away and lost the above.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Really frustrated to see all our pacey players sitting on the bench.LuaLua was on fire for a few games but hasn't played since.
When I think back to the team Gus selected for the Charlton away game when he really went for it and we should have won easily makes me wonder why we don't see it more often.we seem to have resorted back to Dicker and co flooding the midfield.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The back six will pick itself until we get another centreback.
If we are going to get the best out of Alloa, should he get clearance, will be to play at least one winger, and another playing off him. Of the players we have, my view is that Barnes would probably be the best we have to fill the support role - he is good at picking up knock downs and shooting anywhere within the 18 yard box. This would push CMS out wide to compete with Lua Lua on the left. My preference for the right would be Buckley (if fit!), failing that, Orlandi.
We have just got to ensure that we don't get overrun in midfield, so a more defensive start to games away from home but changing it to a more attacking formation much earlier in matches than has been in the past.
At home - let's just go for it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here