Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Israel now attacks...Yemen

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
You’re over simplifying it as many do when it comes to the Middle East.

Far too many bring it down to Jews (inevitably bad) v Muslims (inevitably victims) without mentioning that Shia and Sunni would happily rip each other to bits.
And as we have both acknowledged before, ‘Jews’ are certainly not an homogeneous group that see eye to eye with each other on what is happening - extremists and agendas on all sides - how can one begin to explain the nuances to those who insist on polarising everything into ‘us and them’?

De La Zouch and I are both Jewish for example but on a very different part of the political spectrum and religious understanding when it comes to Israel.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And as we have both acknowledged before, ‘Jews’ are certainly not an homogeneous group that see eye to eye with each other on what is happening - extremists and agendas on all sides - how can one begin to explain the nuances to those who insist on polarising everything into ‘us and them’?

De La Zouch and I are both Jewish for example but on a very different part of the political spectrum and religious understanding when it comes to Israel.
Yes, exactly.

My daughter’s best friend is part of a liberal, fun loving Jewish family. They hate Netenyahu but feel targeted by other Western Liberals.

This is no way binary. It’s not a football match, it’s the fall out from thousands of years of culture and worship wars.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
The answer I expected, well done. I'd say that "that takes balls" takes the biscuit for the most horrible thing I've ever read here
Sorry what do you mean, the answer you expected. You’ve literally gone full tin hat.
Doubting my motives 😂😂😂 like I’m some Israeli plant
I’m so sorry you’re mortally offended about a quip at the expense of murderous terrorists

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That leaves the Houthi, Hamas, Hezbollah jihadist nutcases ( Fatah too I guess)..... NONE of these would present an ensuring threat to a military machine honed over 70 odd years.

He has repeatedly said Israel’s enemies ( ie the axis of resistance) must be ‘defeated’ to stop Israel being ‘annihilated‘ and ‘the Jews driven into the sea’ - the same justification we keep hearing from those Netanyahu supporters implicitly justifying the slaughter of thousands of innocent children and when others question the wisdom of these multilateral attacks on Lebanon, Gaza and now Yemen.

So why is Netanyahu proactively trying to destroy them then if NONE of them are a threat? Surely coming to the table and negotiating should be the easier option?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
He has repeatedly said Israel’s enemies ( ie the axis of resistance) must be ‘defeated’ to stop Israel being ‘annihilated‘ and ‘the Jews driven into the sea’ - the same justification we keep hearing from those Netanyahu supporters implicitly justifying the slaughter of thousands of innocent children and when others question the wisdom of these multilateral attacks on Lebanon, Gaza and now Yemen.

So why is Netanyahu proactively trying to destroy them then if NONE of them are a threat? Surely coming to the table and negotiating should be the easier option?
Naah.... all these jihadist actors have declared their desire to kill all Jews... they are a threat to the citizens of Israel because of the random firing of low tech missiles in the general direction of Israeli citizenry, as long as they continue on that path, Israel will defend itself.... there have been talks and negotiations for more than 50 years, the militants, and their support, do not want peace, there is no chance that a political settlement is reachable..... therefore the Israelis will continue to hit back....

The old adage is true... if the Jihadist/Palestinian groups laid down their arms tomorrow, there will be peace..... if the Israelis laid theirs down, there would be murderous carnage.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
You said Arab/Muslim world. Don’t the Saudis count?
Interestingly, Saudi has just come out in support of Lebenon.

From the BBC tonight -

Saudi Arabia says it stands with Lebanon Published at 22:20 British Summer Time
22:20 BST​

In a statement issued just moments ago, Saudi Arabia says it stands in support of Lebanon and calls for the preservation of the country's "sovereignty and territorial integrity".

The Saudi foreign ministry said it had watched the events of recent days in Lebanon with "grave concern", though it made no made mention of the assassination of Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah.

It also called on the international community to work to protect regional security and minimise the humanitarian consequences of the conflict.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The old adage is true... if the Jihadist/Palestinian groups laid down their arms tomorrow, there will be peace..... if the Israelis laid theirs down, there would be murderous carnage.

If Israel want peace, why do they occupy the West Bank, Gaza Strip and Golan Heights? Who do they think they are, Russia?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If he’s asking he would say “ so I know”
I think it’s a NSC 1st being asked where someone is from. Do you think it’s a nice question?
I was asking you, that is now clarified.

Is t a nice question? ‘Nice’, oh do f***ing man up. It was for clarity, to understand further what may be influencing your opinion. Comprende?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Who do they think they are, Russia?
GYlsLNvWkAAuMFb

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Interestingly, Saudi has just come out in support of Lebenon.

From the BBC tonight -

Saudi Arabia says it stands with Lebanon Published at 22:20 British Summer Time​

22:20 BST​

In a statement issued just moments ago, Saudi Arabia says it stands in support of Lebanon and calls for the preservation of the country's "sovereignty and territorial integrity".

The Saudi foreign ministry said it had watched the events of recent days in Lebanon with "grave concern", though it made no made mention of the assassination of Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah.

It also called on the international community to work to protect regional security and minimise the humanitarian consequences of the conflict.
The key point though, the Saudis don't really risk anything by saying that,.... Israel isn't technically attacking Lebanon, it's Hezbollah they are after.... so as long as Israel doesn't start trashing Lebanese military personnel and infrastructure.... I am guessing no tangible protests will ensue,.. the Lebanese don't want Hezbollah in their territory anymore than Israel do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here