Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Isn't London great?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
London's COOLIO. I reckon you could live here for a LIFETIME and still discover new stuff every day. I've lived here for a year and a half now, and I haven't actually been east of Ludgate Circus.:blush: Also I've NEVER BEEN to the Only Pub In London.

I think the QUALITY about London I like the most is that people here are far less likely to WHINGE about things.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As an ex-South London resident I'm amazed that anyone could bear to live in that grey, disgusting shitehole.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The thing that has struck me most now I have been working in London nearly 2 years, is how rude people are. The tube in rush hour really is every man for himself and sod anybody that gets in the way. I know a lot of those people are probably not Londoners, but I'm sure a majority probably are. Some tosser nearly pushed me over a couple of weeks back because I had the audacity to try and make room for a blind bloke to get to the doors first.

Also, people in the office rarely give a "Good Morning" even if I say it first.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
London's great when your young or if you have the income to live the life it offers the wealthy, otherwise it's great for a day out but I always end up with black bogies and the need for a bath as soon as I get back to the south coast so I'm not capable of raving about the place. Give me Paris, Barcelona or Madrid anyday in preference.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
London's COOLIO. I reckon you could live here for a LIFETIME and still discover new stuff every day.

I think the QUALITY about London I like the most is that people here are far less likely to WHINGE about things.

Lol! Both are actually very, very true.

I'm just coming up to one year in London, and I quite simply LOVE it.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I tend to agree with Yorkie, having lived in London in my late teens and early 20's, I can't think of many less friendly cities...I met a couple of Aussies travelling a few years back who lived there, they told me that they played a game on the tube, the idea was that you had to make eye contact with everyone in the carriage...next time you are in town try it, it is almost impossible.

I believe someone (Samuel Pepys, sic) once said that if you are tired of London then you are tired of life, sorry Sam but that is bollocks, it is just that there is better quality elsewhere.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I cannot STAND the dump and, friends aside, if I never had to go there again, I know I'd never miss it for a second.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Was there any need to be personal? Disagree with my opinion by all means.

quite honestly, the only reason i was personal is that i tend to find most of your posts here annoying and arrogant. but oh well, whatever. that's just, like, my opinion and i'm sure no-one really wants another bitch-fest of a thread.

anyway, i'm going on holiday for a few weeks so i won't be around to be wound up by nsc posters (i wish i could rise above that) so, enjoy yourselves, arseholes! :wave::tosser:

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
quite honestly, the only reason i was personal is that i tend to find most of your posts here annoying and arrogant. but oh well, whatever. that's just, like, my opinion and i'm sure no-one really wants another bitch-fest of a thread.

anyway, i'm going on holiday for a few weeks so i won't be around to be wound up by nsc posters (i wish i could rise above that) so, enjoy yourselves, arseholes! :wave::tosser:

Don't see the point of you posting if that's the best you can do, attacking someone personally. Happy Holidays............ one way ticket hopefully :bigwave:

Wow, talking on a computer has really revolutionized your life hasn't it ???

"ooow look, goody, i can say ...BOLLOCK and SHIT and ..... i can tell people where to get off from the safety of my bedroom, then have a WANK at naked ladies i wouldn't have a chance with!"

erm.... grow the f*** up will you please?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Londons fab - I really loved living there and do miss it on occasion! Yep there were annoying things, but on the whole I look back on things like: the underground, the highstreets, the bars/clubs, shopping, black cabs etc all very fondly!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here