Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ishmael Demontagnac....

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Just the sort of raw talent we need right now, straight from the Leon Knight mold and we all now how much of a LEGEND he was for us... If someone can honestly tell me that Cox or Robinson are better than Demontagnac then they obviously know F all about football.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't think we should sign him.

Not the sort of person / player that Micky gets on with. Have we signed a "troubled" soul under Micky and he's straightened him out, or did he just look to get the likes of Rod Thomas out as quickly as he could?

Last edited:

Doesn't seem to learn either. this from 2006

Demontagnac vows to clean up act
Walsall winger Ishmel Demontagnac hopes to improve his disciplinary record under new boss Richard Money.
The midfielder was sent off twice for violent conduct last season and he knows his new manager will not be impressed by any future indescretions.

"The manager seems friendly but strict too, which is good," Demontagnac told the Express and Star.

"I've definitely learned from my sendings off and I won't be doing anything silly this season."

Story from BBC SPORT:
BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Walsall | Demontagnac vows to clean up act

Published: 2006/06/29 15:21:50 GMT

© BBC MMIX

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Demontagnac would be an utterly FLAIR signing

Except he also seems exactly the sort of player Adams would trust enough to start with. Even if we did sign him, I think he'd be on the bench in a Thornton-type way.

Kevin has no history of disciplinary problems, yet MA still didn't ever get sufficiently convinced by him to start him week in week out.

Nope, I see a lot of downsides to this fella, and very few upsides because I don't think he suits our manager.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kevin has no history of disciplinary problems, yet MA still didn't ever get sufficiently convinced by him to start him week in week out.

Yes he does. Well know for going out on benders quite often - also remember reading that he got arrested up in Coventry.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yes he does. Well know for going out on benders quite often - also remember reading that he got arrested up in Coventry.

Yeah, but Ishmel has done a fair bit worse than that .... anyway, let's say they are the same. Sign Ishmel and we get someone who could potentially cause Leon Knight-like divides in the drsssing room, and yet would only play a Thornton-type role in a Micky Adams side anyway.

I just can't see that he's worth the risk. Doesn't sound like the fight his up for is a relegation one.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Except he also seems exactly the sort of player Adams would trust enough to start with. Even if we did sign him, I think he'd be on the bench in a Thornton-type way.

Nope, I see a lot of downsides to this fella, and very few upsides because I don't think he suits our manager.

Fair enough, but with the football as woeful as it is at the moment, surely there's room for what you might call an out-and-out CROWD PLEASER. Maybe not the bees bollocks talent-wise, but a bit of a cult nonetheless. Sir Anthony Rougier was only here for a short time, but was an instant hit. Put a smile on our faces, even contributed a few goals while crashing about. Ditto Baz Savage. Reckon Demontagnac would be exactly the same, would provide a genuine BUZZ while proving a massive handful for none-too-bright League One defences. That's why everyone - except Micky - wants to see Thornton on the pitch. Y'know, at least a BIT of entertainment for our twenty notes. Not a lot to ask really.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Fair enough, but with the football as woeful as it is at the moment, surely there's room for what you might call an out-and-out CROWD PLEASER. Maybe not the bees bollocks talent-wise, but a bit of a cult nonetheless. Sir Anthony Rougier was only here for a short time, but was an instant hit. Put a smile on our faces, even contributed a few goals while crashing about. Ditto Baz Savage. Reckon Demontagnac would be exactly the same, would provide a genuine BUZZ while proving a massive handful for none-too-bright League One defences. That's why everyone - except Micky - wants to see Thornton on the pitch.

True. And for that reason, despite the fact it will drive me nuts as he sits on the bench too much, I'd LOVE to see Thornton with us for the rest of the season.

Yes, we do need a cult figure, and Ishmel would fill that role, I can see that. But I do also think he'd be a timebomb waiting to go off. Maybe even that is better than the dross being served up at the moment though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd love us to get him in. God knows we need some flair out there.
And the comparisons with Rougier and Savage are unfair. This kid has five times the talent of either of them.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Get him on a month to month contract and release him if his number of punch ups with team mates outweighs his tally of wonder goals/moments of skill for the month. :thumbsup:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'd love us to get him in. God knows we need some flair out there.
And the comparisons with Rougier and Savage are unfair. This kid has five times the talent of either of them.

Yes. Would be a class signing.

Get him in, absolutely DESPERATE to save his career. Keep him until the summer then SELL him for a HUGE profit before he does another massive balls-up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes. Would be a class signing.

Get him in, absolutely DESPERATE to save his career. Keep him until the summer then SELL him for a HUGE profit before he does another massive balls-up.

Sounds like a plan.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I think the fact that no one else has signed him could say enough.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

If we are in a position where we have a team of hod-carriers, and are now unable to sign a highly talented and available young player, simply because he may need a bit a careful handling, then I suggest we get him in and change the manager instead...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here