Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is your registration number KY59 RNJ??

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
If so thanks for putting an Albion sticker in your back window, was hoping you were going towards the M25 after my sat nav packed up and had no battery on my phone for google maps! Followed you the whole way to the 25. I would have seriously been lost! Cheers :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not being funny, just curious....do you not know how to get to the m25 without a sat nav? Surely, you just drive north until you run into it

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
From Watford, not sure you'd know which was was North?

Ah. Didn't make it clear he was coming away from the ground.....sorry. Carry on craig4004

Wouldn't it be a good idea if someone persuaded the government to put a few big noticeboards by the side of the road, with big arrows pointing towards the M25?

If it catches on, they might spread the idea to the rest of the country, and maybe even mention a few of the larger towns.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I seriously worry about this country nowadays that people are incapable of driving without a sat nav or phone, god knows how we managed 15 years ago.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've got a book of pictures in my car, lots of lines with numbers on them and they go between towns and villages, I wonder if that will ever catch on ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wouldn't it be a good idea if someone persuaded the government to put a few big noticeboards by the side of the road, with big arrows pointing towards the M25?

If it catches on, they might spread the idea to the rest of the country, and maybe even mention a few of the larger towns.

This is revolutionary thinking. You should be Minister for transport.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I seriously worry about this country nowadays that people are incapable of driving without a sat nav or phone, god knows how we managed 15 years ago.

So you could blindly find your way from anywhere in England back home? If he had a map, I'm sure he could have but he has already said he was relying on a SatNav. In the old days maps were used. People didn't follow the north star.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Reminds me of going to Coventry last season. I have a BHA sticker in my back window and it became clear that a car full of Brighton fans were following me. I couldn't help but take the piss and went round a roundabout twice, they followed. I then went right through the middle of Coventry and parked as I was going to the cathedral first! They looked well bemused as they drove past!! :)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So you could blindly find your way from anywhere in England back home? If he had a map, I'm sure he could have but he has already said he was relying on a SatNav. In the old days maps were used. People didn't follow the north star.

I have to say yes, I could always find my way home without SatNav. It might take a while but whatever direction you drive you eventually find signs for somewhere you know roughly where it is. Done it many a time before SatNav.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

This has seriously made me LOL for real!! NSC at its best :thumbsup: :lol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Haha! Sat navs are very handy indeed but it does seem rather trusting of you following a car blindly just because it has a BHA sticker. They could have come from anywhere, you may have even ended up outside Great Aunt Edna's bungalow and had to wait as the car's occupants popped in for tea and cakes.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

People are incapable of going to football game these days without asking someone:

What to wear
When to leave
Where to go
Which tube/train/bus/route to get there
How much they should drink
Where they should drink
Whether they should sit in the seat number printed on their ticket
What pie to have
If they can drink at half time
What time they are allowed to leave the game
Where to drink after the game
What train/tube/bus/route to get home
What JimJams to wear in bed

Do it really surprise you that people aren't capable of following road signs?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
People are incapable of going to football game these days without asking someone:

What to wear
When to leave
Where to go
Which tube/train/bus/route to get there
How much they should drink
Where they should drink
Whether they should sit in the seat number printed on their ticket
What pie to have
If they can drink at half time
What time they are allowed to leave the game
Where to drink after the game
What train/tube/bus/route to get home
What JimJams to wear in bed

Do it really surprise you that people aren't capable of following road signs?

SOME people, rather than 'people', I would suggest.

Actually, getting away from the centre of Watford was an absolute ballache last night. The signposted route to the M25 was totally gridlocked, and I was very glad to have a satnav which help me find a way round it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Well quite obviously its difficult to find your way anywhere if you are blind, but yes if you put me in any town in England I could find my way home without a sat nav, phone or even a map, its not like our country is in the middle of a rain forest or anything.

Its all about looking at ROAD SIGNS.

But come on he was only in WATFORD it would take the maximum of 15 minutes driving to spot a sign pointing you to a town you recognise which is South of Watford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here