Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is your registration number KY59 RNJ??

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's the Facebook generation. If it hasn't got a screen they haven't got a clue!

I think satnav is very useful and when you think about it, it's only a map really. If you are in unfamiliar locales it's a damn sight easier to glance at the screen rather than having to pull over and check the map whenever yo uget stuck. Driving around the back lanes of deepest Cornwall the other week it proved invaluable.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Well quite obviously its difficult to find your way anywhere if you are blind, but yes if you put me in any town in England I could find my way home without a sat nav, phone or even a map, its not like our country is in the middle of a rain forest or anything.

Its all about looking at ROAD SIGNS.

But come on he was only in WATFORD it would take the maximum of 15 minutes driving to spot a sign pointing you to a town you recognise which is South of Watford.

I'd still prefer to go the right way home, rather than find my way home.

DanielT

I think satnav is very useful and when you think about it, it's only a map really. If you are in unfamiliar locales it's a damn sight easier to glance at the screen rather than having to pull over and check the map whenever yo uget stuck. Driving around the back lanes of deepest Cornwall the other week it proved invaluable.

A map for every single street in Britain (and yes, most other countries)

How much would all the maps cost in money and space they took up? How much petrol are you spending hoping you're going the right way, or when you're stuck in gridlock without an alternate route being suggested, often before you get to the traffic jam.

Sat nav is mostly great. The age of people using maps was a move on from following stars. Computers not typewriters. Being in a car is accepting new technology. Or are you map lovers on a horse?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
A map for every single street in Britain (and yes, most other countries)

How much would all the maps cost in money and space they took up? How much petrol are you spending hoping you're going the right way, or when you're stuck in gridlock without an alternate route being suggested, often before you get to the traffic jam.

Sat nav is mostly great. The age of people using maps was a move on from following stars. Computers not typewriters. Being in a car is accepting new technology. Or are you map lovers on a horse?

Quite right, but the OP mentioned it wasnt working, so you need an alternitive thats where hes gone wrong, surely without it you can still find your way home?

I agree about technology and i dont think anybody is saying its wrong to use it, if they are then they are foolish. It was just the cluelessness of the OP without sat nav.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Wouldn't it be a good idea if someone persuaded the government to put a few big noticeboards by the side of the road, with big arrows pointing towards the M25?

If it catches on, they might spread the idea to the rest of the country, and maybe even mention a few of the larger towns.

Brilliant.

Its this sort of revolutionary thinking that make NSC the valuable resource that it is.

I am going to set up one of those e-petition things to get some weight behind this idea. Will of course credit you Lord B with the original idea.

Perhaps a stint on Dragons Den too? I really think this could catch on.

Excellent work my friend.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
To be fair to the op, I followed a car full of Brighton fans through London to Selhurst Park last year.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
SOME people, rather than 'people', I would suggest.

Point taken. Thank goodness for slip on shoes otherwise SOME people would be wandering around the Amex barefoot.

That said I suppose you'd be able to tell who the people are who start the "what pub for [insert away team here]" and "how do I get to [insert away team here]" threads and avoid them.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Having visited over 70 grounds in the UK and have drove to at least half of them, I can say I have never used a Sat nav or a map to get there or home again !

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Way back in the seventies I followed a car with an Albion scarf in the back window out of the maze of streets around the The Valley, Charlton after a midweek game. Unfortunately he must have been a Kent Seagull as I ended up lost somewhere near Biggin Hill. So it is not always a good idea.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Having visited over 70 grounds in the UK and have drove to at least half of them, I can say I have never used a Sat nav or a map to get there or home again !

goldstar.jpg

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Remember following a car with a Bristol City shirt in the back when we played there in the playoff season. He went the opposite way around the ring road and pulled up outside a house so obviously wasnt going to the game! Managed to get to the city centre and asked a van driver for directions at a set of lights who happened to be a rovers fan. He told us which way to go and that we would know we were there because it would smell of sh*t, we laughed that part off as rival banter but he was actually right!

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Got out of Watford quickly - Sat Nav took us via Rickmansworth to Junction 18 - what it didnt tell us that Junction 18 slip road was closed and had to go the wrong way back to junction 19 and back again doooh

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Wouldn't it be a good idea if someone persuaded the government to put a few big noticeboards by the side of the road, with big arrows pointing towards the M25?

If it catches on, they might spread the idea to the rest of the country, and maybe even mention a few of the larger towns.

Next you'll be suggesting they colour code them for different types of roads. Lets say blue for motorway's. You should change your user name to Lord Cock for suggesting such crap. I ask you tut tut.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
If so thanks for putting an Albion sticker in your back window, was hoping you were going towards the M25 after my sat nav packed up and had no battery on my phone for google maps! Followed you the whole way to the 25. I would have seriously been lost! Cheers :)

Your the person that was told to get on the M25 and stay on it until the end weren't you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here