Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Wilkins under-estimating how poor we actually were?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Under Wilkins tenure in charge of this football club, weve not looked very good. Overall im saying...there have been glimpses of quality...but massive runs of awful and I mean awful results against rubbish opposition.

Im worried he is still concentrating on the wrong area's that need sorting. We have done well in the signings of whing and forster and that is a real good sign imho...But and theres always a but...

robinson on the right is will not be good enough....

Kuipers is a good goalie and im shocked wilkins doesnt see this.

I think as things stands it will be a simular season to last...14th ish....not good enough..

But i'm praying im wrong & another couple of players in and who knows..

What do we need? and do you have faith in a manager that has done nothing but give us a poor season...if you do have faith...how come you do...is it because he's a nice guy who scored a free-kick and was an average player for the club?

I hope in my heart wilkins will be our best/successful manager ever....cant see it happening!

My thoughts - bottom six by october - Micky Adams back by xmas!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We will go down with Wilkins in charge for a full season. The bloke I am afraid is uetterly clueless. And lets not get over excited Whinge is an average Div 3 player and Forster is 34 and here for a light season before he retires, not great signings imho. We will have a very long and hard season with the only objection not to go down to div 4. Knight will be happy with 20th and Wilkins is under no pressure as the expectations are so low.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
beating pub sides 4-0 doesn't hide the fact we are complete and utter shite I am afraid. I cannot wait for us to get a proper manager in and we can have some expectations or expect to see the off goal and win at home.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
We will go down with Wilkins in charge for a full season. The bloke I am afraid is uetterly clueless. And lets not get over excited Whinge is an average Div 3 player and Forster is 34 and here for a light season before he retires, not great signings imho. We will have a very long and hard season with the only objection not to go down to div 4. Knight will be happy with 20th and Wilkins is under no pressure as the expectations are so low.

I'm not filled with confidence and am very shocked at albion fans as a whole....the treatment of mghee was embarrasing and like the blooms he was given no time last season.....

The fans then accept a pi*s poor season with the same bunch mcghee had...

I think whing is a solid league 1 player....and will do well...

Forster still has a couple of seasons left in him..but will need a decent player alongside him...that is what were going to be lacking and it will be a frustrating season for forster due to the fact is at a higher level football brain wise than most at the club....

Forster and cureton/Billy sharp style player would be a good combo....I'd be very surprised if we can form a real decent centre forward partnership....

I think wilkins will be chopping and changing...with forster a guarenteed started alongside....revell,elder,robinson,gatting....with imho revell getting the nod for a consistant start.

Yeah your right about the expectation thing...mcghee was expected to take us back up...and because wilkins is manager we hear 101 excuses...there a young squad,hes not exp manager....we havent got falmer...

It never stopped coppell,taylor,mcghee or adams succeeding..

No excuses wilkins..if were in bottom 6 in october you get treated the same as the rest...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
f*** me are you meant to bring your own razor blades to this thread??

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
20060716115436!Rasierklinge.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
just be realistic, it would be kinder to sack him now and certainly give the fans something to cheer

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
f*** sake - Give Wilkins a chance - he's albion through and through and shows passion - he inherited McGhee's f*** ups - we should expect a mid-table finish - anything else is a bonus - if we're in this div going into Falmer i'd be fairly happy to then go and get promotion back to the Championship - Where we do belong...!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Forster will get disillusioned with the shower of shite around him much like Bertin did at the end of last season

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Give Wilkins a chance - he's albion through and through and shows passion

Sheebo with respect I would rather someone who was not Albion through and through but got us results, like Adams, like Coppell, like Taylor, like McGhee. I don't really give a toss if he played for Albion for years and this means he is given far more excuses to be incompetant imho.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
to be fair I have always said from October last year Wilkins was a massive mistake and nothing has changed my mind, in fact quite the opposite.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
to be fair I have always said from October last year Wilkins was a massive mistake and nothing has changed my mind, in fact quite the opposite.

Get a life you sad fucker

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Give Wilkins a chance - he's albion through and through and shows passion

Sheebo with respect I would rather someone who was not Albion through and through but got us results, like Adams, like Coppell, like Taylor, like McGhee. I don't really give a toss if he played for Albion for years and this means he is given far more excuses to be incompetant imho.

I dont agree with all that you say..but that is spot on...

Wilkins is in the same level as jake robinson.....

Give him a chance...he will come good....he's a nice guy....he's albion through and through...

We need some real nasty players out there....the old school oatway,virgo,cullips....

Not little jake robinson and fancy pants youth players....loyalty to your youth squad is very touching whilst ousting pro's like kuipers and hart...but it didnt do any good last term!

Its a fresh start this season for wilkins..but fcuk up and you get the same treatment as everyone....free-kick in the last minute or not!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Disagree US and BYF but this is a board for opinions and we'll see how the season goes hey...

Agree about Cullip and Oatway etc but Charlies back and El - Abd is pretty strong...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here